The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

APY_JR

Hello APY_JR (Albert),
I agree with Lloyd that your images recorded by the Nikon D2Xs have great colors. By visiting a site on the web (http://nikonasia-en.custhelp.com/cg...nNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1), I recently downloaded the Nikon D2X Color Modes I, II, and III to my Nikon D300 as optional picture controls. Nowadays, I use "Nikon D2X Color Mode I" more often than the built-in Nikon D300 picture controls. In a way, it's like having two great Nikon DSLR cameras in one. All the best, Leica 77 :)
Hi Leica 77!

I'm not that complicated... I shoot RAW only and click balance later in post on a MacBeth 24CC card:)

Albert

etrigan63

Lovely shots Albert!

May I ask what your lighting arrangements were? How far were the girls from the backdrop?

Here's a quickie I took of my summer photography students. They were dressed up nice for portrait sessions. I had them taking portraits of each other.

In case you are wondering, the image is processed with an antique color look. helped offset some of the weird lighting in the classroom (odd mix of soft white and cool blue bulbs randomly dispersed around the room).

APY_JR

Lovely shots Albert!

May I ask what your lighting arrangements were? How far were the girls from the backdrop?

Here's a quickie I took of my summer photography students. They were dressed up nice for portrait sessions. I had them taking portraits of each other.

In case you are wondering, the image is processed with an antique color look. helped offset some of the weird lighting in the classroom (odd mix of soft white and cool blue bulbs randomly dispersed around the room).
Hi Carlos!

4 lights & reflector.

Subjects were 4 Ft. from the BG.

A main at f8 45 degrees left... with a gridded softbox 3x4ft.

Hairlight directly above with a 10"x36" stripbox metered at f5.6

Two "kickers" at 45 degrees from behind the subjects metered at f5.6 (both with 10"x36" softboxes.

A "touch of warmth" reflector to the right of subjects bouncing the "main and left kicker "lights onto the subject.

Make sense I hope? If not... shoot me an email for further explaination!

Albert

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I had a frustrating day shooting yesterday. I went to the Rockland, ME Lobster Festival hoping to capture... something. But I found I wasn't in the proper frame of mind. Left early and chocking it up to just not feeling it.

In any case, here's a shot of the first day's visitor's map showing where some of the people came from. The map showed the entire globe and there were visitors from lots of other countries as well. The second shot shows the draw.

Tim

D

ddk

Self Portrait...

What the hell:)

Albert

:ROTFL: Your self portrait reminds of Playboy's Wet & Wild series from the 90s. They use to have the chics sitting or laying naked on some sculpture similar to the one you're on, in a pool of water and spray them with a hose...

I know that your pool is only virtual, pretty good though.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I like that :thumbup:

... and I want smoke and a pool in my studio too :p

Actually, I want a studio :rolleyes:

What to get first, smoke, pool or studio :confused:

APY_JR

:ROTFL: Your self portrait reminds of Playboy's Wet & Wild series from the 90s. They use to have the chics sitting or laying naked on some sculpture similar to the one you're on, in a pool of water and spray them with a hose...

I know that your pool is only virtual, pretty good though.
Thanks David:)

Best,

Albert

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Fun pictures without any pond, studios, smoke and loan ... However, I will accept any one of these items anytime ... AF Nikkor 28-105mm lens at Mardi Gras. Thank you for looking. Best wishes, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Nikon D300 + 18-200 mm VR Lens. Island Dancers of the South Seas. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)