The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Once again I've been away from this thread for a day or so and find so much that's wonderful. Excellent job, everyone.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
And just to sort of close the loop on a photo I posted way back (maybe even in the previous Nikon thread), my small Garlic plot has yielded a nice bunch of a few varieties that should keep us stinky and happy until next spring.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Tim, the golden garlic is simply marvelous. Elegance in forms, composition and processing. :thumbup:

Jorgen, the passenger shot is top notch as usual. Is it from a ferry ?

Talking earlier about modern and traditional ways, here's a couple from an(other) old village.

An abandonned farm down the road...

And a shed on the side...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you, Corlan. Yes, it's from one of the passenger ferries that go between central Bangkok and Nontaburi north of the city. The passenger is a monk, standing in the designated "monk area" on the rear, starboard side of these ferries. I often position myself just in front of that area, hoping to get a nice shot :)

Leica 77

This is beautiful, L77.

And FWIW, I pretty much stopped watching television a couple of years ago for the same reasons.

Hello Lloyd,
Many thanks for your positive comments. Watching the Tour de France must have been fun. I watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Beijing Olympic Games on TV last year and it was really enjoyable. Since then, I have not really seen anything on TV. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Tim, the golden garlic is simply marvelous. Elegance in forms, composition and processing. :thumbup:

Talking earlier about modern and traditional ways, here's a couple from an(other) old village.

An abandonned farm down the road...

And a shed on the side...

Hello Colan F.,

Great images! You may be recording the vanishing architecture from the past. I hope your images will be archived at one of the local historical associations. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

And just to sort of close the loop on a photo I posted way back (maybe even in the previous Nikon thread), my small Garlic plot has yielded a nice bunch of a few varieties that should keep us stinky and happy until next spring.

Hello TRSmith,
Very refreshing and fresh images! Garlic is great for health and it can ward off a lot of undesirable things! Cheers! Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

D80 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.5

Hello Jorgen,

Wonderful image as usual. One of the things that really impressed me about Thai people and Thailand is that they show so much respect to Buddhist monks and priests. When I was about to board a plane, there was an annoucement that Buddhist monks and priests would have the first priority boarding before the First Class - Business Class - Economy Class passengers. That's a very nice expression of people's respect. Cheers, Leica 77 :)

Last edited:

etrigan63

One more shot of the locomotive. Image was processed with LightZone 3.8. No plugins were used in the processing of this image.