The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Mother's day and The Queen's birthday here today, and since all royal holidays are steam days, I decided to go to the railway station to get a piece of the action. Since my only other activity today had been canceled, I soon found myself on the train, hanging as far out of the window as I dared. Here's one of the results:

S5 with 70-300 ED @ 300mm and f/8.0

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Cute portraits, Arne, a direct hit to the heart :)

Thank you for your kind words about the steam train photos, guys. I do have a big problem though: I took too many photos, and now I don't have time to go through and edit. Does anybody have some spare hours to sell? If so, just deposit them on my hours account with whoever is in charge up there (unless the account has been canceled due to incurable emptiness).

I also spent six hours on a rented bicycle in Ayuttaya while waiting for the train back, and now I have a sunburn all over my head :(

Here's one from the quiet outskirts of Ayuttaya. S5 on auto WB, no adjustments except exposure (it was one stop underexposed). Gotta love that camera. I think I need Fuji to develop that S6 :p

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 19mm and f/3.5

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon.
Hello Jorgen,
As always, it's a great digital image. Your wonderful image reminded me of the Grand Prize Winning Photo of the Nikon International Photo Contest, 2008-2009. Below please find the Grand Prize winning photo by Maung Maung Gyi of Myanmar. The Grand Prize photo and other prize winning photos were just announced a week ago through one of the official Nikon websites. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Lloyd

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon.
Hello Jorgen,
As always, it's a great digital image. Your wonderful image reminded me of the Grand Prize Winning Photo of the Nikon International Photo Contest, 2008-2009. Below please find the Grand Prize winning photo by Maung Maung Gyi of Myanmar. The Grand Prize photo and other prize winning photos were just announced a week ago through one of the official Nikon websites. All the best, Leica 77 :)
Easy to see why it won... amazing shot.

Leica 77

Other prize winning photos from the Nikon International Photo Contest, 2008 - 2009 include the following outstanding images:

Nikkor 75th Anniversary Award to Kacper Kowalski of Poland -- "At the heart of the Kaszuby forest" (top).

Free Subject Category 1st Prize to Zsolt Kudich of Hungary -- "Quarrel" (middle).

My Planet Category 1st Prize to Peter Allinson of the USA -- "Friends" (bottom). Thank you. :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Wow! Without reading the post and just looking at the thumbnails in Leica77's post, I thought he had posted some images himself. A brief thought of "Leica77 has really stepped it up a notch this time" passed through my head!

Last edited:

Leica 77

Hello TRSmith,
Your great sense of humor is very much appreciated. The Nikon prize winning images are so inspiring. As some of us have already indicated, aren't we members of the Mutual Inspiration Society" ? Cheers! Leica 77 :)