The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks David, Jorgen :)

Leica77, fun one indeed - maybe you still have to improve a tad your cloner skills though :ROTFL:
Interesting DOP btw.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
For a change in scenery, from a series of early summer apricot trees here's a counter illustration of a natural law:

CZ50mm 2M - f2 -soft focus on purpose - from RAW - no crop - only light is the setting sun

thumbnail of larger(2-click) version:

Leica 77

For a change in scenery, from a series of early summer apricot trees here's a counter illustration of a natural law:

CZ50mm 2M - f2 -soft focus on purpose - from RAW - no crop - only light is the setting sun

Hello Corlan F,
Very nice apricot image. You have really captured the texture of the apricot. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Hello Lloyd,
Many thanks for your kind feedback! Your comments are always much appreciated. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. AF Nikkor 18mm. Aperture Wide Open. ISO 800. Shanghai Skyscraper. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Impressive skyscraper inner architecture.
Especially with the second one... how did you shoot it ? Did you lean over :eek: or just the camera ?

On a larger scale it reminds me of the Luxor hotel in LV, with these hallways pretty much directly open into well, the void, one keeps wondering by what repeated miracle no lethal accidents happen all the time.

(...esp in Vegas with all the gaming involved...)

Leica 77

Impressive skyscraper inner architecture.
Especially with the second one... how did you shoot it ? Did you lean over :eek: or just the camera ?

On a larger scale it reminds me of the Luxor hotel in LV, with these hallways pretty much directly open into well, the void, one keeps wondering by what repeated miracle no lethal accidents happen all the time.

(...esp in Vegas with all the gaming involved...)
Hello Corlan F.,
Many thanks for your positive feedback. I carefully put the camera towards the well by extending my arms as much as I could. I suppose one can use a parachute as an alternative... :)

etrigan63

thumbnail of larger(2-click) version:
An inspiration to bra designers everywhere.

etrigan63

Thanks Corian! Shooting ballet (and stagecraft in general) is always very challenging. Hopefully, the upcoming D700x will match the D700 in low-light performance and I can add that to my repertoire for larger format images as moving to MFD is very cost prohibitive at the moment and may not give me the performance level I need to do this kind of stuff. Landscapes/Urbanscapes on the other hand...

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Corian! Shooting ballet (and stagecraft in general) is always very challenging. Hopefully, the upcoming D700x will match the D700 in low-light performance and I can add that to my repertoire for larger format images as moving to MFD is very cost prohibitive at the moment and may not give me the performance level I need to do this kind of stuff. Landscapes/Urbanscapes on the other hand...
I know it's not exacty the right place, but what is the D700x is supposed to bring ? I've heard video but it's certainly not what you refer to.

I'm quite happy with the D700 performance for the moment, not in a hurry :)
Still have to try in-depth some of your CV lenses, though. I planned to, but kinda stick to CZ -great products.

etrigan63

The D700x brings 24.5 mpx to compete with the Canon 5D Mk II. I can use that level of resolution especially with some of the tight crops my customers ask for.

The CV lenses are quite good and have the advantage of being chipped so that all Nikon auto modes work correctly with them. Just set the aperture the highest setting on the barrel of the lens and set the it on the camera body. Works like a champ. I only use my AF zooms for show work, the rest of the time a CV prime is clamped on my D700.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
This from this morning on yet another cloudy day. Hand-held with the lensbaby (it was already on the camera and I was lazy). There's a little shake, but what the hell.

Tim

Lloyd

This from this morning on yet another cloudy day. Hand-held with the lensbaby (it was already on the camera and I was lazy). There's a little shake, but what the hell.

Tim
Nice one, Tim. Never would have guessed that it was with a Lensbaby.