The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I fished a remote mountain pond with some new friends tonight. It's the tail end of a Drake hatch. Drakes are enormous aquatic insects that hatch on these cold water ponds in July. The trout love them and it makes for some terrific fishing. Since I fish as much (or more) than I take photos on these trips, I don't have any shots of the insects. But here's one of the grandson of my new friend. His name is Tyler, learning to flyfish at 5 y.o., and at this very moment, enjoying a cookie.

Leica 77

Hello TRSmith,
Great expression on Tyler! He must have enjoyed both flyfishing and eating his cookies! All the best, Leica 77

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. A Filipino Rock Band called "The Zoo" during their Asian Tour. Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200 VR Lens. Thanks for looking. Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Thank you, L77! I like the first one! Very good one!
Many thanks for your positive feedback! As I mentioned, at the end of the day, I am grateful to talented digital image enthusiasts on this Forum such as yourself, viablex1, Lloyd, Jorgen,TRSmith, Cindy Flood, TEBnewyork, Stuart Richardson, and others who have given me much encouragement. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Lloyd

I fished a remote mountain pond with some new friends tonight. It's the tail end of a Drake hatch. Drakes are enormous aquatic insects that hatch on these cold water ponds in July. The trout love them and it makes for some terrific fishing. Since I fish as much (or more) than I take photos on these trips, I don't have any shots of the insects. But here's one of the grandson of my new friend. His name is Tyler, learning to flyfish at 5 y.o., and at this very moment, enjoying a cookie.
Nice moment. Beautiful light here too.

Lloyd

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. A Filipino Rock Band called "The Zoo" during their Asian Tour. Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200 VR Lens. Thanks for looking. Leica 77 :)

That background, and the striped shirt of the singer on the right make an interesting combination. Very nice; excellent processing as well.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd and L77.

And L77, nice job capturing all players with a decent expression! Nothing like live music!

Leica 77

Many thanks Lloyd and TRSmith,
Your words of encouragement are always very much appreciated. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

leica77 ftw!!

Hello Senior Forum Member viablex1,
It is a beautiful bridge. I just read that Eiffel who designed the famous landmark in Paris also designed a bridge in the capital of French Indochina around 1903. The bridge you recorded reminded me of the classic bridge design by Eiffel. All the best, Leica 77 :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
where is this?? man you have to go inside looks cool!!!
Ha! I thought it might appeal to you. It's right here in my small town. An older gentleman still lives there. Hank is his name and he's a decorated veteran. Unfortunately, he's been in decline for the past few years and his ramshackle house is evidence of just that. Still, he's happy to chew your ear off at the cafe nearby, and has some remarkable stories. Someday I hope to be invited inside.

Thanks!
Tim

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hello Senior Forum Member viablex1,
It is a beautiful bridge. I just read that Eiffel who designed the famous landmark in Paris also designed a bridge in the capital of French Indochina around 1903. The bridge you recorded reminded me of the classic bridge design by Eiffel. All the best, Leica 77 :)
Eiffel did indeed build a bridge in Indochina, Long Bien Bridge over the Red River in Hanoi to be more precise (Saigon was actually the French capital of Indochina at the time). It's nearly two kilometers long, and an engineering masterpiece. Being the only bridge over the river at that time, and an important connection to Ha Long Bay and the sea, it was bombed extensively during the Vietnam war, but rebuild again every time. That says something about Gustave Eiffel's skills as an engineer.

Here's one of the bridge on a typical Hanoi winter morning:

And a view from the bridge to the island mid-river:

Slightly off-topic, since they are both taken with an Olympus E-1 with an OM Zuiko 100mm f/2.8 :)