The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

AlexLF

Here's a snapshot, so take it for what it is. I was having lunch with a new "old friend" (as our friend Andree would have put it), and as we had nothing to do for the next couple of hours, she asked if we could go to see the tigers and crocodiles at Sriracha Tiger Zoo, so off we went. The lighting at the tiger show is awful (coloured stage lighting combined with open fire), and everything has to be shot through a fence, with around 0.5 second for preparations for each new scene. The guys behind the fence work fast.

D80 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.5 and 1/250s
That's The Moment! Nice shot!

AlexLF

Last couple of days I've been having difficulties with photosubjects so I ... split :) And now I have two bodies... and two lenses! :D

m_driscoll

Lloyd/Jorgen/Routlaw,

Thanks. It was processed in Lightroom, to Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 (tonal contrast), back to Lightroom, then to Nik Silver Efex Pro, and back to Lightroom. The Lightroom adjustment brush was used to darken the snow/fish area a bit. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Here's a snapshot, so take it for what it is. I was having lunch with a new "old friend" (as our friend Andree would have put it), and as we had nothing to do for the next couple of hours, she asked if we could go to see the tigers and crocodiles at Sriracha Tiger Zoo, so off we went. The lighting at the tiger show is awful (coloured stage lighting combined with open fire), and everything has to be shot through a fence, with around 0.5 second for preparations for each new scene. The guys behind the fence work fast.

D80 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.5 and 1/250s
Amazing catch, Jorgen. Well done!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Driving for a session down some canal harbours (more to come), here's a couple of shots...
On the way up:

Last edited:

otumay

Capture One v 5 is very nice to my Nikon files.
I agree. Your post couldn't be more timely, as I was experimenting pp with C1 v4.8.3 on D2x files and was about to reach the same conclusion.
Your photos are beautiful, 'Little Isabela' and 'World beyond a book' being my favorites.

Best,
Osman

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
everything is quiet

Click for a larger version: 3 Mb • Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 18-70 at 18mm • 1/5 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX