The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

M

mikoo

I've been a lurker for months now and i finally got the guts to post something. :eek:

My Cousin's Wedding

D300 18-200mm

==

D300 50mm f/1.4

D300 50mm f/1.4

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I've been a lurker for months now and i finally got the guts to post something. :eek:

D300 50mm f/1.4
The wedding photo is good, but the last one is excellent. Great perspective, and the colourful background works well. Very inspirational :thumbup:

TechIV

A few from this weekend... C&C welcome!

Also a question... do you find it harder to take pictures when you are out with a significant other?

All of these are without a tripod because it kinda encroaches on our date... I feel naked without it. Please don't get the wrong idea, I had a wonderful time, I just find it hard to take pictures (especially ones that involve set up when going as a couple). I probably spent only a few minutes tops actually looking and shooting...

P.S. These are all ISO 400 and above... Only a few years ago, I thought I would never take landscape above 50!

-Eric

Attachments

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Also a question... do you find it harder to take pictures when you are out with a significant other?
Don't even speak about it. I find it difficult to take photos when I'm with someone, and difficult to be with someone when I take photos. Thai girls are easy though. Just let her take a friend, give them a dollar or two for food, and they'll chat and eat for hours, not even noticing that I'm there :)

The billiard photo is excellent :thumbs:

Lloyd

First off, great first post. Welcome out of the shadows, let's see more!!!

Nice wedding picture shot. Fun, and full of personality. The shot of the cat with the character made laugh right out loud, and the final shot is just technically a great image. Like I said, well done, and let's see more!!

Lloyd

All of these are without a tripod because it kinda encroaches on our date... I feel naked without it. Please don't get the wrong idea, I had a wonderful time, I just find it hard to take pictures (especially ones that involve set up when going as a couple). I probably spent only a few minutes tops actually looking and shooting...

P.S. These are all ISO 400 and above... Only a few years ago, I thought I would never take landscape above 50!

-Eric
Very nice shots, Eric. The last one is a nice moment captured, and I like the pattern of the lights above them. The 2nd and 3rd are also good, but the first shot is special. The light is really amazing, and the scene reminds me of something out of Lord of The Rings. Good one indeed.

I find it difficult to shoot with my wife only when I surprise her with the fact that I'll be shooting when we're doing something. If she knows in advance (and she doesn't have some objective for our time together that the shooting with impede in some fashion) it goes better. Like you, however, when I'm with her I don't always take the time, or set up shots with the same patience or effort I might when I'm alone. Good luck with that.

routlaw

Albert, excellent baby & dad portrait, very cool!

Matt great work as always, very heroic perspective. Did you ever get a 4x5 yet?

Mikoo, very fun wedding image you have here. Love the last picture with car and doll too.

Rob