The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Yours truly, my wife, and our youngest grandson. We've only ever seem him once before, when he was just 6 weeks old. We were very excited to see him (and his parents and big brother). Picture taken by my son, with my D300 and 28-70/2.8:

Grandma couldn't get enough of this little guy. D300, Lensbaby composer:

otumay

Lloyd, what a heart-warming shot! Your son has done a thorough job of catching an immortal moment. Phew! Whish I could see your grandson's face as well...
Best,
Osman

helenhill

You ,The Mrs. & the Little One Look FANTASTIC...
Beautiful Couple w/ Adorable Grandchild
LIFE is GOOD....!!

Last edited:

Lloyd

Lloyd, what a heart-warming shot! Your son has done a thorough job of catching an immortal moment. Phew! Whish I could see your grandson's face as well...
Best,
Osman
Thank you Osman. And, pictures of the grandson are forthcoming.

Lloyd

Another the the D300 and the Lensbaby Composer. My son was shooting his sister-in-laws bridals. I was assisting, and getting few shots of my own.

Leica 77

Yours truly, my wife, and our youngest grandson. We've only ever seem him once before, when he was just 6 weeks old. We were very excited to see him (and his parents and big brother). Picture taken by my son, with my D300 and 28-70/2.8:

Grandma couldn't get enough of this little guy. D300, Lensbaby composer:
Hello Lloyd,
These are beautiful family photos. It is wonderful to see happy smiles. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Revealing my true nature... hayseed.

Two with the 70-200.
Just the kind of photos that make me want to grab my camera and wander off into the sunset, looking for the beauty of nature. Beautiful :p

Lloyd,
Although I'm not a great fan of Lensbaby, I find the two portraits you've posted with it rather intriguing. Very nice :thumbup:

Lloyd

Just the kind of photos that make me want to grab my camera and wander off into the sunset, looking for the beauty of nature. Beautiful :p

Lloyd,
Although I'm not a great fan of Lensbaby, I find the two portraits you've posted with it rather intriguing. Very nice :thumbup:
Thanks, Jorgen. I'm not a great fan either. I've had it a while, and only used it this one shoot. May try a few more later.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thank you Lloyd and Jorgen!

As for the lensbaby, I've had one for a couple years and only used it a few times too. I do have fun using it with a closeup magnifier lens though. Hook a TTL flash to the thing with an extension cable so I can hold it off camera, and it's kind of fun. A cheapo macro lens.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys. That's the 70-200 VR. Pretty wide open. Lately I've been experimenting with using the shutter priority mode and dialing the shutter speed way up until the lens is at max-open aperture. Kinda nice bokeh, eh? It's a monster lens though. And up close, it's easy to misjudge the right spot.