The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I had to do something to take my mind off of all that flesh on the beach (kidding, they're great even if they are tests). So I went back to a file from a few years ago that had frustrated me. I could never get the sky to hold. This is far from perfect, but represents a lesson for me to go back to old files from time to time, since as software improves and I get more comfortable with it, new things can happen.

Leica 77

I had to do something to take my mind off of all that flesh on the beach (kidding, they're great even if they are tests). So I went back to a file from a few years ago that had frustrated me. I could never get the sky to hold. This is far from perfect, but represents a lesson for me to go back to old files from time to time, since as software improves and I get more comfortable with it, new things can happen.

Hello TRSmith,
It's a beautiful landscape. The place looks peaceful and quiet. I post a cityscape image from Trondheim in Norway. It's really a nice Nordic place. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Tim - quite true, with improving PP skills some photos deserve being revisited. Nice example with this landscape (but where's the flesh? :confused::D)

Leica 77 - nice treatment on your last posted photos, i especially like the ones featured on posts #259 & 260. Interesting in-depth "two-window" composition with the car... the youngster riding art is a treat, too.

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Corlan. And L77, where do you live? It's a bit hard to tell since you post images from all over the world. I have always felt a certain draw to the Nordic countries but have never been.

Leica 77

Tim - quite true, with improving PP skills some photos deserve being revisited. Nice example with this landscape (but where's the flesh? :confused::D)

Leica 77 - nice treatment on your last posted photos, i especially like the ones one posts #259 & 260. Interesting in-depth "two-window" composition with the car... the youngster riding art is a treat, too.
Hello Corlan F.,
Many thanks for your positive comments. Your kind feedback is always much appreciated. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nice photo from Trondheim, L77. One of the Norwegian cities that don't make me homesick. It always rains when I go there...

Was on my way from several places to several other places most of the day to day, so I grabbed a few snaps. Here's one :)

D80 with Nikkor 70-300 ED @ 135mm and f/6.3

Lloyd

Hello TRSmith,
It's a beautiful landscape. The place looks peaceful and quiet. I post a cityscape image from Trondheim in Norway. It's really a nice Nordic place. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Very nice... and a place I love to visit when Jorgen's not there (just to keep the rain away, of course:D)

Lloyd

Wow. It's working now, Tim. Nice.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Here is an image for our vintage automobile enthusiasts. Recorded in Oslo, Norway. Adobe Photoshop. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)

Love that Volvo. It's from Norsk Folkemuseum, isn't it? The model, Volvo Duett, was the wagon version of the very popular Volvo PV. They continued to make the Duett until 1969, long after the design was obsoleted by subsequent models (Amazon and 145), but it was a real workhorse and popular among owners of small businesses.

Leica 77

Very nice... and a place I love to visit when Jorgen's not there (just to keep the rain away, of course:D)
Hello Lloyd,
Many thanks for your kind comments, as always! It's worth a trip to visit this quaint Nordic town, even for a day (without Jorgen) :). Best wishes, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

Love that Volvo. It's from Norsk Folkemuseum, isn't it? The model, Volvo Duett, was the wagon version of the very popular Volvo PV. They continued to make the Duett until 1969, long after the design was obsoleted by subsequent models (Amazon and 145), but it was a real workhorse and popular among owners of small businesses.
Many thanks for your positive feedback, Jorgen and viablex1! Yes, you are absolutely correct, "Professor Jorgen", that the red Volvo wagon is at the Norsk Folkemuseum. Here is a side view of the Volvo in full color. I suppose it is like a precursor to the contemporary SUVs and RUVs, in some ways. Best wishes, Leica 77 :)

Lloyd

Many thanks for your positive feedback, Jorgen and viablex1! Yes, you are absolutely correct, "Professor Jorgen", that the red Volvo wagon is at the Norsk Folkemuseum. Here is a side view of the Volvo in full color. I suppose it is like a precursor to the contemporary SUVs and RUVs, in some ways. Best wishes, Leica 77 :)

Just plain beautiful, L77. Wonderful color, classic vehicle.

Leica 77

From the river.

D80 with 70-300 ED @ 300mm and f/5.6

Hello Jorgen,
It is a wonderful image, as usual! Some years back, I took a ride on a similar narrow boat up the Mekong River. As I recall, it had a Chevy V8 engine mounted at the stern of the boat. Best regards, Leica 77 :)