The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

D

ddk

- Lloyd, your shot of frost and talk of cold is getting me through this hot, sweltering 90F+ day here, thanks.

- Leica 77, I really like your funeral procession on several levels. The Fedex sign in the background shows how small the world is and the variety of the ladies in that shot remind me of how Indonesia is home to many different types of beautiful people making up one amazing country.

- Alex, I guess Moscow is as hot as it is here NYC because I want to do exactly what those pilots are doing, only that we're allow to.

- Jorgen, I can smell, hear and feel the atmosphere of your train shot, even touch the passengers if I wanted to!

Leica 77

- Lloyd, your shot of frost and talk of cold is getting me through this hot, sweltering 90F+ day here, thanks.

- Leica 77, I really like your funeral procession on several levels. The Fedex sign in the background shows how small the world is and the variety of the ladies in that shot remind me of how Indonesia is home to many different types of beautiful people making up one amazing country.

- Alex, I guess Moscow is as hot as it is here NYC because I want to do exactly what those pilots are doing, only that we're allow to.

- Jorgen, I can smell, hear and feel the atmosphere of your train shot, even touch the passengers if I wanted to!
Hello ddk,
Many thanks for your kind comments. I was also fascinated by the FedEx sign when I followed the village funeral procession in Ubud. As you pointed out rightly, Indonesia's national slogan is "Unity in Diversity". Best regards, Leica 77 :)

AlexLF

Thank you for your replies!

ddk, I just realized that I translated the name of the forces completely wrong! They're Airborne Troops ... or Airborne Forces. The guys are a little bit nuts. I've never seen pilots celebrating like this.

JohnH

Lloyd, Leica77 - Guys, thanks for the comments.

All - the standards on this thread are outstanding - very difficult to keep up!

Cheers,

John

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I would like your comments on the following with regard to the processing. I sent this to a friend and was told in reply that it was too contrasty and the white of the t-shirt was blown out. I'm beginning to question my monitor calibration and would like to hear from you specifically about your take on the processing. I'm completely aware of all the negatives associated with tobacco, so please ignore that if you can. And thank you!

Lloyd

I would like your comments on the following with regard to the processing. I sent this to a friend and was told in reply that it was too contrasty and the white of the t-shirt was blown out. I'm beginning to question my monitor calibration and would like to hear from you specifically about your take on the processing. I'm completely aware of all the negatives associated with tobacco, so please ignore that if you can. And thank you!
Tim. I don't know how it's coming across to anyone else, but it's certainly not blown out. The highest white value I could find is 239, so no white clipping at all. On top of that, there are a lot of great things going in that image. Art, for sure.

D

ddk

Don't know what your friend was talking about, it neither contrasty nor has any blown out areas that I can see. I'm surprised that you're doubting yourself Tim, your images are always among the best processed I've seen.

Leica 77

Hello TRSmith,
I am also in agreement with Lloyd, ddk, and TEBnewyork. The white of the t-shirt looks excellent on my monitor. The contrast also looks just right to me. In addition, I like the composition of the image. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Very good news. Thanks for that. When I suggested that it might be a problem on their end, I was met with lots of resistance. It's a relief to hear from you all that I'm not seeing things. It does make me wonder about the variety of viewing environments out there and how perceptions can be skewed by incorrect calibration. Oh well, nothing can be done about that I guess.

Thanks everyone!

Tim

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
It's very hot and hazy today. I spotted this kid at the local pond explaining some real-world string theory to his mom. ;)

Lloyd

It's very hot and hazy today. I spotted this kid at the local pond explaining some real-world string theory to his mom. ;)
:ROTFL: One of my kids looked like that after a big sneeze once. (I know, I know, that's gross.:lecture:)

AlexLF

Thanks you for your comments. The first pic is 16th century church. And the second one is Red Square.

As to walking in the places - as usual people want more! :) I wish I could go somewhere outside Moscow but ... I have a beautiful 3 months old daughter so the real beauty to photograph is when she's smiling! :) And I don't object to stay home for one more year :)

Here's one of thouthands pics of her - here's smiling to her grand-grand-mother:

Lloyd

Thanks you for your comments. The first pic is 16th century church. And the second one is Red Square.

As to walking in the places - as usual people want more! :) I wish I could go somewhere outside Moscow but ... I have a beautiful 3 months old daughter so the real beauty to photograph is when she's smiling! :) And I don't object to stay home for one more year :)

Here's one of thouthands pics of her - here's smiling to her grand-grand-mother:

What a beauty!! And if that's her mother, she's a beauty as well.

(Truth is Alex, these photos will mean much more over time than any other photos you will ever take. Trust me.)