The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Corian, Your Church shot is beautiful.

Viablex, The photo is so peaceful... a lovely neighborhood at rest...and then the light trails add mystery.

Qamaro

Here is one from a recent photo shoot using the Nikon D2x and the 18-70 kit lens, just to spice things up a bit. It's amazing what a kit lens and 1 light can do.

Enjoy!

- Marq

Leica 77

Here is one from a recent photo shoot using the Nikon D2x and the 18-70 kit lens, just to spice things up a bit. It's amazing what a kit lens and 1 light can do.

Enjoy!

- Marq
Very nice subject, composition and background! Cheers! Leica 77 :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks all for the kind words, Lloyd, Jorgen, Cindy, Matt... :)

Hello Corlan F.,
I agree with Lloyd that your image is very nice in terms of lighting and composition. The feeling of antiquity is also impressive! All the best, Leica 77 :)
Thank you, what i feel is lost on the small jpeg compared to quality print is the immediate correspondance between the gesture on the painting and the door below, like some kind of direction. Interesting (from a photographic POV i mean).

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Leica77 and Corlan F. Great stuff. And I think I enjoyed your exchange about the images as much as images themselves.
Hi Lloyd, missed this post yesterday. It's indeed a nice trait in this forum how a lot of posters casually provide some background and context, and freely exchange ideas without the usual underlying competition. That's what make it a nice place to share :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
ahh go on!!! :ROTFL::ROTFL:
Matt, this night IR shot is indeed splendid.
Having just one, clean set of trailings lights is a nice touch to the composition.

On the technical side as we all know you're gifted with long exposure shots with real contrast without getting too much of lost highlights in the process.
What's the metadata on this one ?

Loved the poster on previous page, too. Can't find my post where i was asking where it came from...

viablex1

thanks I was just messing around but it was

D300 Ir converted, 18-200 lens at 18mm F14 213seconds at iso 100

going hiking today to get some more shots!!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Early signs of Fall

A couple from a short walk around the property with the 200. Kind of a cheater macro. At least here in this part of the country, the season has begun to change. Summer is such a short season!

Leica 77

Re: Early signs of Fall

A couple from a short walk around the property with the 200. Kind of a cheater macro. At least here in this part of the country, the season has begun to change. Summer is such a short season!
Hello TRSmith,
Beautiful images! I love the well saturated colors. All the best, Leica 77 :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Re: Early signs of Fall

Hi Tim, you're so right about the shortness of the summer season. Was thinking exactly the same thing sorting out some photos this week, especially those taken in the direct environment, nature have changed so much in little time. A month seems like ages... here's some:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Those are really nice Corlan! The light has a special quality. This time of year it feels warm but without the frenzied heat of High Summer.

Best,
Tim

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon. Cebu, Philippines. Thank you for looking. Leica 77 :)
I very much like the third one in its simplicity.

Second posted makes me think i've always raved about the sheer amount of work and minutia people of all civilizations has put into ceilings decoration...

As for the first one and its "painting on the wall", funny enough i got a quite recent one on the same theme from the church series... a real low loght situation where the eye could barely see anything... here's what the camera/lans "saw" :

D700 + Zeiss 50/2 @f2 - 1/50s - 3200 ISO - handheld - file direct from camera

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Those are really nice Corlan! The light has a special quality. This time of year it feels warm but without the frenzied heat of High Summer.

Best,
Tim
Thanks Tim. Yes, the light is a blessing. Automn will give us some nice opportunities too, in a different register. Always nice things to capture :)

Question : which "200" were you referring to above ?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Beautiful autumn photos Corlan & Smith. Almost makes me miss that time of the year. Here, there's no autumn, only rain.