The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Lovely old rust, Arne. I like no 1. especially.

I'm falling behind here. Cindy's wonderful auto show shots reminded me of some I had taken. I looked back into the library and found this one, which I proceeded to hack to pieces. The old cars had some great emblems though.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Hi Arne, beautiful D3 captures, as usual :thumbup:
And quite interesting with regards to the above discussion that you pop in right now with some Nikon images.
I actually wasn't sure if you still had your D3, my impression is you have mostly been shooting Canon lately.
But apparently you still shoot both systems simultaneously ?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Tim, Nice. I remember that you like automotive photography, too. Your shot made me think of this one from yesterday.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Arne, I especially like the rust shots.

Albert, I have never seen red hair like that. You did a wonderful job of lighting it (as usual).

APY_JR

Arne, I especially like the rust shots.

Albert, I have never seen red hair like that. You did a wonderful job of lighting it (as usual).
Thanks Cindy!

Once in a great while I see it. Very rare here in Colorado... usually Russian heritage.

Absolutely beautiful color though:)

Albert

Leica 77

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon.
Very nice images, Jorgen, Corlan F., Arne, Albert, TRSmith, and Cindy! Here is an image that shows a modern vehicle under a traditional hut. Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200mm VR. Thanks for looking. Leica 77 :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
A wine tasting in front of the campfire as we watched the moonrise. Dave and his Russian bride Olga keep up their end.

Happy Labor Day!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Cindy. Campfire light makes for some low shutter speeds and the wine makes for some wobbly hands. Maybe in the daylight I'll be able to treat Olga better.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Tim,
I didn't mean that you put Olga in a bad light. I just would like to see more of her--she looks interesting.

Arne Hvaring

Hi Arne, beautiful D3 captures, as usual :thumbup:
And quite interesting with regards to the above discussion that you pop in right now with some Nikon images.
I actually wasn't sure if you still had your D3, my impression is you have mostly been shooting Canon lately.
But apparently you still shoot both systems simultaneously ?
Hi Steen, thanks, and you're right btw., I shoot both systems. I got a 5D2 some months ago, and although I like the resolution and size/weight, I still prefer Nikon's colours. Besides, the D3 is such a wonderfully fast and responsive camera to use that anything else feels sluggish.
But Canon has been spoiling us with a number of outstanding lenses lately... and then there is the M9, not to mention all the new m4:3 stuff:eek:
All to the delight of my dealer, of course:D

TRSmith, Cindy, many thanks for the comments, nice Ford shot Cindy.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Cindy- thanks for the details, your processing is right on. These classic body works definitely deserve this level of color density.

Arne- your rust shots are indeed superb though i personally fancy the deep, wet woods subtle athmosphere conveyed by the last photo posted.

Tim- this b&w procres a sense of a 70's community with modern looks (can't really put my finger on it...). Nice.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Wind gusts put down a 20+ ft fruit tree branch in the garden... luckily no one in the direct vicinity, at least we got some extra logs for the fall...

APY_JR

My nephews (twin boys) hit the senior mark this year:)
They're into "airsoft" guns and pistols... etc... military material I guess:)

A few shots from today...

Nikon D2Xs and 16-85 DX lens

Albert