The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Nice pano, Lloyd.
It'd be a treat to see the result when you'll shoot the same one in fall colors.

Another organic experiment. 40 layers later... it still needs work! What a blast though.
This one has a feel of "Mucha in the digital age"... Interesting.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
lush lol, I love that place and just got that lens..

do you have to take off that metal AIS apparatus to attach it to the D700??
Hi Matt, what do you mean ?
Not sure i got that right, but just in case: the Zeiss 35/2 as all other ZF lenses directly mounts on the D700 (use or used the 21 / 35 / 50 /100). The 35 is a fantastic lens btw.

fultonpics

simply amazing--great shots!! it was overcast here also and i had 'fun' color correcting my shots today before filing them with my service....

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, these slopes are indeed enlightening. Great composition.

Oh, and the green cabs seem more fun than their famous yellow counterparts...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen,

Nice shot.
Can you "enlighten" me on what temple this is?

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne,
It's part of a temple complex along the road from Bangkok to Pattaya. This building is still under construction, and my guess is that it will take at least a year or two before it's finished. There was no activity there yesterday, so I guess they've run out of money for now. It's a very peculiar steel construction btw. Very modernistic, but the style seems to be inspired by Lao temples, but as opposed to those, it's blue, lilac and silver (Lao temples are mostly yellow, red and gold).

Arne Hvaring

Arne, those D2X shots (post # 1012) are so good. Perfect product image. And a beautiful dreamy painting-like wallhanger.
Do you still have that great 'old APS-C monster machine' as well, from 'the long gone days of lower ISO' ?
I like its sparkling colours as well as the well exposed rendering of white in the food shot.
Thank you, Steen. Alas, the D2x is gone. Used within its limits (low-ISO and avoiding its abrupt highlight clipping) the files had subtle, exquisite colours and great presence. The latter probably due to a commendably weak AA-filter. I have wondered about rebuying this body...

Two more oldies from the D2x.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thank you, Steen. Alas, the D2x is gone. Used within its limits (low-ISO and avoiding its abrupt highlight clipping) the files had subtle, exquisite colours and great presence. The latter probably due to a commendably weak AA-filter. I have wondered about rebuying this body...

Two more oldies from the D2x.
Those are wonderful shots. That flower just jumps off the screen. Best seen large to be fully appreciated.