The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

viablex1

lol nope good ole detroit right here in the usa, it is really sad there in places and gary indiana dont get me started!!!

lol

thanks for the kind words though!!!

Lloyd

(I posted this on the 200-400 thread, but I'll add it here to this recent group)
At my niece's soccer match yesterday afternoon. The girl in blue never played soccer until this year (she's 14), but has been in gymnastics since she was 3-years old. An injury to her arm ended that for her, so she came out for the high school soccer team. What she lacks in skills, she more than makes up in hustle. Here, just at the end of the game she breaks away. Number 9 in white fouled her seconds after this shot, but the blue team converted the penalty kick with no time left, winning the match 4-3. This girl was carried from the field on her teammate's shoulders.

D300; 200-400 @ f4:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jorgen, LLoyd.
Actually it could've been better, exposure, dop etc. but the gentle dog (rottweiler) was starting to take a "keen" interest... like the proverbial dog in an alley... so it turned out as a genuine snap shot. :eek:

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks Jorgen, LLoyd.
Actually it could've been better, exposure, dop etc. but the gentle dog (rottweiler) was starting to take a "keen" interest... like the proverbial dog in an alley... so it turned as a genuine snap shot. :eek:
Aw yes... discretion is the better part of valor at times.

leif e

(I posted this on the 200-400 thread, but I'll add it here to this recent group)
At my niece's soccer match yesterday afternoon. The girl in blue never played soccer until this year (she's 14), but has been in gymnastics since she was 3-years old. An injury to her arm ended that for her, so she came out for the high school soccer team. What she lacks in skills, she more than makes up in hustle. Here, just at the end of the game she breaks away. Number 9 in white fouled her seconds after this shot, but the blue team converted the penalty kick with no time left, winning the match 4-3. This girl was carried from the field on her teammate's shoulders.

D300; 200-400 @ f4:
:D You can see here that #9 is going to be too late for her tackle. Great pic.

I love shooting football (soccer). I used to teach Norwegian to a class of 19 football players (the yellow ones), all boys of 17.:eek: And then I´d shoot their matches. No mor of that; I left teaching at Christmas. My daughter of 17 has been playing since she was 6, though.

leif e

Lloyd

:D You can see here that #9 is going to be too late for her tackle. Great pic.

I love shooting football (soccer). I used to teach Norwegian to a class of 19 football players (the yellow ones), all boys of 17.:eek: And then I´d shoot their matches. No mor of that; I left teaching at Christmas. My daughter of 17 has been playing since she was 6, though.

leif e
It's also one of my favorite sports to shoot. I've been shooting this same group of girls (the ones in blue), for several years. It's been an adaptation that has taken some time, as I never played myself. At first I didn't understand the game well enough to anticipate were the best action would occur. With sports I know well, it was much easier. I have to say, that I've become a fan.

Lloyd

How could one not be??:D:thumbup:
You should try Europe! We know about these things:lecture::lecture:
leif e
I lived in Europe for a few years, but never caught the football bug. I thought it was just a cute little game for people with no hand-eye coordination. :D

I've repented. :angel: