The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Now, an M8 shot... ( still kidding LLoyd ;) )

Early afternoon today was devoted to some DR testing with the 21mm on my way to pick up my wife who had an appointment. While waiting in the car, the calm, small street i was parked in suddendly turned into a craze thanks to a wedding car procession, all horns blazing.

At this very moment a young girl and her mum walked out of the flower shop just in front of me... luckily enough i had the camera in hand checking some histograms. Here's what i got shooting through the windshield (now i know that emergency focusing with Zeiss when previously on infinite position (landscape shooting before) is not exactly easy nor accurate :rolleyes:):

Lloyd

Now, an M8 shot... ( still kidding LLoyd ;) )

(now i know that emergency focusing with Zeiss when previously on infinite position (landscape shooting before) is not exactly easy nor accurate :rolleyes:):
Well, maybe not "easy or accurate", but the results are very nice. (Gotta love that M8 :thumbup:):D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
A couple of samples from the test shots mentionned above:

f2.8 - minimum PP - no exposure compensation - single shots only

------------------------------------

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
This is really nice. Wonderful b/w. Of the two color, while I prefer the sky in the first, I love the composition of the second image. That fence really adds to the image. Nice tests!
Thanks Lloyd. It's pretty much my thinking too, even though i really like the unusual proportions on the first one.

I'm interested in technical comments on these since i'm trying to document the DR and WB aspects of my current gear along with PP related possibilities. It's an area where Nikon + Zeiss combos are often criticized, to say the truth i find the preliminary results quite ok regarding the limited efforts involved for these test shots in extreme conditions and a wide lens @2.8 -with no exposure compensation on the body nor in the PP process.

I usually don't need (nor care too much) shooting in such conditions, but it seems a valuable experience especially since after havig considered M9, M8.2 and A900/850, today i'm more, well, on the fence ;) for getting a S5 to complement the D700 (instead of possibly "replace" with the former options).

And down the road, get a D700x when available. After thorough consideration, i really like the versatility and quality of results from the Nikon + Zeiss system (hence the numerous tests recently conducted and often posted here).

As of today the D700 in studio + S5 for some outdoor shots sounds attractive to me -and my needs.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Went to a party last night. 200 Scandinavians eating crayfish and drinking aquavit. Rather fun actually :D

D80 with Tamron 17-50mm and Metz 70MZ-5 @ 46mm and f/6.3

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
How's your head this morning Jorgen? Sounds like a good time.

My life has been much quieter. Too much work and not enough play. As an example, the highlight of my day today was harvesting our Carrots. Scintillating!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

My life has been much quieter. Too much work and not enough play. As an example, the highlight of my day today was harvesting our Carrots. Scintillating!
My head is fine. I even managed to get some work done this morning, before I took the bus to Pattaya and had a great dinner with my father at our favourite French restaurant. Bus back and home around midnight. Life isn't so bad if you think about it :p

Nice carrots btw.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
yes i am.

sjms56 your pbase address looks wrong. If I were to post a pbase photo, I would do it this way: 1. copy the address above my picture in pbase. http://www.pbase.com/cindyflood/image/117472339
2. Come here to getdpi and click on the yellow icon above with the mountain. In the box, paste the address string. Add /large.jpg (or /medium.jpg)
The string in the box should read: http://www.pbase.com/cindyflood/image/117472339/large.jpg
3. Click OK and the photo should be added.

Hope this helps.

Lloyd

LOL. I did the same on Saturday. Loads-o-fun.