The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
For an IR (I don't like IR), this is really cool. Looks as if some Chinese plastic Christmas tree manufacturer were asked to decorate the city :)

Arne Hvaring

LLoyd, Jorgen, TRSmith, thank you all for the kind words.
Jorgen, regarding the rotation of the lavender photo: the image is correctly displayed. As you're no doubt aware of lavender grows like a kind of fan, with stalks pointing anywhere from straight up to oblique downwards. It was the play of light on the horizontals that caught my eye.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
LLoyd, Jorgen, TRSmith, thank you all for the kind words.
Jorgen, regarding the rotation of the lavender photo: the image is correctly displayed. As you're no doubt aware of lavender grows like a kind of fan, with stalks pointing anywhere from straight up to oblique downwards. It was the play of light on the horizontals that caught my eye.
Arne,
When it comes to flowers, I'm not aware of anything. For all I know, they may grow submerged in strawberry syrup. I know a little bit now though, thank you :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Nicely desaturated. I'm glad you left the shadow in, makes it a much stronger image.
Thanks, Lloyd.
A nice sun was coming in, the shadow is actually the combination of the window central frame (whatever the name is) and basket+two lemons' -the latter placed on a table.

Sounds a bit like Mickey Mouse was in the way, but i kinda liked the result :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Gorgeous!!! Wonderful detail. I really like the composition, and this is sharp as a tack!!
Thanks again. I think it's a fair example of what the D700/D3 + Zeiss 50/2M is capable of, even in natural lighting and handheld.
And the full size result is really sharp, still keeping a smooth transition in the shadows, saturation as well as bokeh.

In my -quite- humble opinion, this ZF is also is very much underated piece of glass.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I was going to a meeting downtown today, and just when I was entering the building, I noticed that the "Great Artist in the Sky" had decorated the facade.

S5 with Tamron 17-50mm @ 29mm and f/8

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
I was going to a meeting downtown today, and just when I was entering the building, I noticed that the "Great Artist in the Sky" had decorated the facade.

S5 with Tamron 17-50mm @ 29mm and f/8
Nice and smooth.
From the last city scapes, it looks like you're living in some ethereal blue world. Except at party time that is.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nice and smooth.
From the last city scapes, it looks like you're living in some ethereal blue world. Except at party time that is.
Whenever we have five minutes of sun here :ROTFL:
Yesterday, I spent four hours getting (25km) home because of the rain and flood. Today, I gave up on the last 200 meters after getting soaked within 10 of them, with an umbrella, and went for the coffee bar instead.

The girl behind the counter must have thought I needed some special attention due to all my wetness, so she gave me a free coffee :D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
from lens to lentil:

(not too happy with the jpeg here compared to the glossy print...)

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jorgen. Your last picture seems like a DR challenge even for the great S5 performance in this regard... beside the purely technical stuff, it's always amazing to think they would let these huge and highly decorated ceremonial candles burn. Do they, really ?