The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Corlan,
Mid-day sunlight is almost impossible, but it was slightly overcast. The sky was blown though, and I "cheated" some greyness into it. It's taken with the D80 btw., since I had the lng lens on the S5.

Yes, they did light the candles, and I believe those will follow the different ceremonies during the building process. This was the ground breaking ceremony.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan,
Mid-day sunlight is almost impossible, but it was slightly overcast. The sky was blown though, and I "cheated" some greyness into it. It's taken with the D80 btw., since I had the lng lens on the S5.

Yes, they did light the candles, and I believe those will follow the different ceremonies during the building process. This was the ground breaking ceremony.
Oops, missed the "exif". Of course it was the D80, i definitely could not recognize the unmistakable S5 touch...

Re the candles, good thing they're not single use items!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
It has started in earnest. Fall, that is. Today is a lowery day, a blanket of low clouds, breezy and cool. The light is dead flat so these early colors are welcome.

Lloyd

It has started in earnest. Fall, that is. Today is a lowery day, a blanket of low clouds, breezy and cool. The light is dead flat so these early colors are welcome.
Dead flat beautiful, Tim. I particularly like that second one. :salute:

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd. I imagine Fall is starting to show where you are too?
Yes, but it's been a little disappointing so far. Pretty dull colors. I think it's a function of the rather dry weather we've had the last couple of months. Hoping it pics up over the next week or so.

etrigan63

Had in impromptu trip to NYC this past week and I tried to do a little street photography with my D700 + MB-D10 rig. Mounted my CV 20mm, used hyperfocal focusing, and shot these without framing (hence the odd angles at times) literally at arm's length, just hanging at my side. Managed to catch a lot more than I expected. Here are a few:

Lloyd

Had in impromptu trip to NYC this past week and I tried to do a little street photography with my D700 + MB-D10 rig. Mounted my CV 20mm, used hyperfocal focusing, and shot these without framing (hence the odd angles at times) literally at arm's length, just hanging at my side. Managed to catch a lot more than I expected. Here are a few:
Some nice stuff there. That rig is exactly inconspicuous, so they are especially good considering.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

Hi Carlos, great idea and nice results. Particularly lke the first and last of this series. Have to try this... maybe we'll have a "street hangin'" dedicated thread and you'd started a whole new trend :)

D

ddk

That is amazing!!! Wow. I've never seen her perform before... leaves me speechless.
She was also a wonderful violinist, I think that she was also the first musician to go beyond movie sound effects and use the instrument for serious music.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
A secluded place down a tiny countryside road in the Ardennes.
German military cemetery from WWI. Quiet, peaceful, rich in historical sense.

An American cemetery up the hill, the French one a hundreds yards away.
There, 1903 German soldiers rest there.

Late afternoon, early automn light.