The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
It's a D2Xs. I'm starting to like it. Until I see all that great stuff that Alex does with his D3X. Yowser.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hi Tim,
very nice subject, subtle capture, and excellent PP (same as the water lily posted this summer?) :)
200m focal here? Would you mind posting a tad larger file / close up?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Hi Tim,
very nice subject, subtle capture, and excellent PP (same as the water lily posted this summer?) :)
200m focal here? Would you mind posting a tad larger file / close up?
Thank you sir. I'm not that clever when it comes to making 100% crops, this is the first one I've tried... so no guarantees. It's taken with the 70-200VR handheld. ISO at 250 I think. And, I did push it around a little in PS, there's some artifacting goin' on in the jpeg.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Tim. I'm always complaining about jpeg, so there's another example... The little fellow looks good and cute anyway - i simply wanted to show it to my daughter, she loves squirrels (and anything looking close) :)

AlexLF

Beautiful daughter, from what we've seen here :)

Alex, did you own a D700 or D3 ?
If so, could you notice a difference in DR performance ?
Thanks! She's growing up fast.

No, all my cameras before were Canon's so I can't really tell. Compared to 5D the overall quality is definitely better but I can't really tell about DR in particular.

I wanted to get a S5 mainly for this reason but it seems that there's a stupid speculation currently going on on this body... as good as it is, i refuse to pay 30% to 50% more than the last retail pricing for a used body without any warranty.

And no news from the D700x for higher pixel count.
(except now some says it'll be as the D300s -> same sensor just video, well)

So...
I think D700x (or whatevet it's called) will be released within next 2 months, otherwise Nikon may be in trouble (look at Sony 850 & 900, there's also 7D out this month). I think Nikon as always takes its time to polish up things in new cameras. When they're ready there will be an announcement. ...Or... get D3x and I hope new cameras announcements will not bother for next 3 years :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Alex -7D is APS-C, but it's true that Sony has a nice, attractive range at the moment, all the more with the extremely agressive pricing on the A900 lately.

OTOH apart from the stellar Zeiss 135mm, the offer in primes seems strangely loose, especially for the 50mm FL. That bothers me a lot, being principally a 50mm shooter (+100 + 200 (resuming when i can afford a 200VR) + a little WA).

Lot of options nowadays... well after all i can also -quite- happily live with D700 for a while. Trading in a body now might make sense, too.

D

ddk

thanks no it is an old steel mill and I got to photograph it for three days strait and it was huge!!!!!!!!
It looks like a great project Matt, I'm still amazed that you find so many interesting locations.

viablex1

thanks, believe me it is a lot of work!!!! the owner was very nice!!! and let me have full access!!! they have done a lot of clean up the air quality was really good!!