The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Agree. Beautiful, Graham. What a lens !

And Matt, beautiful flowershots as well, with lovely smooth out of focus rendering. Which lens used here (58mm), the Voigtländer SL II ?

viablex1

first off agree those bird shots really cool..

thanks yes using the 58mm F1.4 on a D300, now I want the zeiss macro 50mm lol

JohnH

Guys - some marvellous work.

Jorgen - excellent images. I sometimes think your captions are as good as your photographs! I am stuck in an office all day, missing out on this Bangkok life - Envy rules!

All very motivating.

John

viablex1

thanks no conversion shot with n F5 24-70 lens and good old neopan 1600 iso film..

I loved shooting that place...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
first off agree those bird shots really cool..

thanks yes using the 58mm F1.4 on a D300, now I want the zeiss macro 50mm lol
I can highly recommend the Zeiss 50/2 & 100/2 if you want killer glass! :thumbs: (although I just sold mine to pay for my M9 & 600 VR :( )

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen

you need to put all of these is a book! love to see your images!
I'm kind of working on it, but making a living and making a book don't combine easily :(

This morning, I wandered around in Poipet, Cambodia around daybreak, waiting for the border to Thailand to open. Poipet must be one of the muddiest, dustiest as well as unhealthiest places on earth, but if I found someone there who makes decent food, I could stay forever to take photos.

This photo also illustrates the strengths of the Fuji. It's a straight conversion from RAW, with no other adjustments than a quarter of a stop exposure (up), some highlight recovery and sharpening for web.

Edit: Even Fuji can be improved, so I increased the brightness slightly as well (+15 in PS), which is the version currently visible.

S5 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0, 1/18s and ISO 800

Last edited: