The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

fultonpics

**Sounds like you had quite the same angle then MS was using a tad wider FL**

you like wider? the series. we were both using 70-200's on nikons

reuters shot--i think we were pretty close if you look at the line up--he cropped the top. it is amazing our camera's fired at the same split second. this is all while balancing two other bodies, one with a 200-400 on it that was used for the prior shot (which is why the cameras get beat up so much). fun stuff for sure!

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
you like wider? the series. we were both using 70-200's on nikons

fun stuff for sure!
I liked the first one you'd posted all the same :)

Actually, to state the truth and the whole truth, from the very first look at both -saw the Reuters earlier today when reading the news- i in fact significantly preferred yours (more stamina, better lateral angle resulting in better gesture separation etc.)... provided though a slight retouching in the background giving a better contrast to the fist than the guy's hat/head.

Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to share all these great action shots, and for the detailed seies and comments.

Very, very instructive. :thumbs:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
D3; 70-200/2.8 VR @ 200/2.8 ISO 1100 (grain not a result of the high ISO) (I'm noticing some vignetting on this lens wide open on the D3). Playing with a b/w conversion, going for a film-like grain. I put the grain in the background area by play with the green slider in ACR.
Fine portrait, Lloyd :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Fulton,
I like the ones of Mr. Ishikawa the most. They have a story to tell. But I suppose Mr. Woods sells more newspapers and magazines, even though photos of him have been published on a couple of previous occasions as well if my mind serves me correctly ;)

Lloyd

One of the next peak to the south. At sunrise. D70, 200-400. Not from the porch, but from the front yard.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
For us mere near-sea-level mortals, it's good to think about that nasty recycling plant blocking the view from your bedroom window.

:p

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
An exceptional view, Lloyd. I'm envious. I can hear Mother Nature calling :p

Samut Prakan is on average a meter or so above sea level, and at the moment, most of it is flooded. The taxi driver last night wanted extra pay for probable water damage to his car :(