The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

An exceptional view, Lloyd. I'm envious. I can hear Mother Nature calling :p

Samut Prakan is on average a meter or so above sea level, and at the moment, most of it is flooded. The taxi driver last night wanted extra pay for probable water damage to his car :(
Yikes! :eek: Ok, don't have much of that here, being closer to 7000' above sea level. Some flooding in the spring when the snows melt, but not much or often.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Cool peak shot from your front yard, Lloyd. There's a Yeti in the left side of the picture :lecture:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
After all the wet inspiration last night, I took a stroll today to fill some of the liquid onto my camera.

D80 with 70-300 ED @ 70mm and f/7.1

Lloyd

Cool peak shot from your front yard, Lloyd. There's a Yeti in the left side of the picture :lecture:
Oh, yeah. That's Fred... nice guy, but he borrowed my snowblower last year and never returned it. I'd ask for it back, but he gets pissed off easily, and when he does it's not pretty. ;)

D

ddk

I remember getting stuck in a few of those monsoon floods Jorgen, I see that those pumps still aren't working after all these years... Haven't seen you using that 105mm for some time.

Lloyd

Lloyd, Beautiful view (and shot) from your porch. Congratulations on the new D3.
Thanks Cindy. I'm enjoying my new (albeit now obsoleted by the announcement of the D3s) D3. We're still in the getting acquainted period, but it's good so far.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I remember getting stuck in a few of those monsoon floods Jorgen, I see that those pumps still aren't working after all these years... Haven't seen you using that 105mm for some time.
In central Bangkok, It's not nearly as bad, but out here in Samut Prakan, some areas were really deep under water. In some areas, the water is coming up from the drains. I seem to remember that it should be the other way around :rolleyes:

The 105mm requires peace of mind, and i haven't had that in months. I have high hopes for December though. We'll see :)

routlaw

One of the next peak to the south. At sunrise. D70, 200-400. Not from the porch, but from the front yard.
Pretty dramatic view Lloyd, looks like this could be the east side of Timpanangos? Park City is a beautiful little town, albeit a bit pricey however. :eek:

Rob

Lloyd

Pretty dramatic view Lloyd, looks like this could be the east side of Timpanangos? Park City is a beautiful little town, albeit a bit pricey however. :eek:

Rob
Hi Rob, yeah PC proper is way to pricey (and toney) for me. That peak is actually in the Lone Peak wilderness area. Does look a little like the east side of Timp however. Good memory. :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
This one's splendid...

(tones are like a different camera than the previous one just above... go figure)
Thanks guys

Different light. The scooter was taken in direct sunlight just before noon, but all the spray reflects the light too, evening things out a bit. The 70-300 ED, at least my copy, up to around 180mm and stopped down to around f/7.1 is rather sharp and gives very punchy colours in direct sunlight. Apart from that, it's a rather mediocre lens, and beyond 200mm, it really disagrees with the Fuji sensor, which is one of the reasons why I mostly use it with the D80.