The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Not much art, but amazing light last evening. The clouds were sweeping in front of the sun, and shafts and spots of warm light painted the trees and the mountain. The light was constantly moving, and I had just 15 seconds or so to grab this one as I ran out the door to a meeting.

D3, 28-70/2.8 @70 F11, ISO 2200

Lloyd

My son, the art collector. This is the result of one, two-hour session. He estimates they will need 10-15 more sessions to complete it. He's been so sore since this one, I can't imagine what the rest will be like.

Here's what's on his right arm (and what his hair looked like a year ago):

Lloyd

Ah, a fashion victim, love the portrait Lloyd.
Thanks David. Much appreciated.

A few more I've made of him. He went through an ugly, ugly divorce a couple of years ago, and really struggled for a while, losing his job of 11 years at the same time, so the third one is somewhat biographical. He worked with me on some test projects just to keep him occupied. Fortunately, he's doing ok now:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks David. Much appreciated.

A few more I've made of him. He went through an ugly, ugly divorce a couple of years ago, and really struggled for a while, losing his job of 11 years at the same time, so the third one is somewhat biographical. He worked with me on some test projects just to keep him occupied. Fortunately, he's doing ok now:

Great portrait :thumbup:

Lloyd

Those are all terrific Lloyd! He's an interesting model. Some very nice effects too! :thumbs:
Thanks Tim. A local talent agency has been after him for modeling work for years, but he just hasn't had any interest. One of his female friends models for them, and his older brother worked as a model before taking up photography full time.

BTW, other than the b/w conversion on the first one, and the somewhat bleached (and vignetted) look of the one of him seated by the graffiti, there is no PS or other manipulation. Just some work with strobes and gels, etc.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
BTW, other than the b/w conversion on the first one, and the somewhat bleached (and vignetted) look of the one of him seated by the graffiti, there is no PS or other manipulation. Just some work with strobes and gels, etc.
Well, back in the old days, "work with strobes" was considered an "effect". Personally, I have no problem with effects of any kind. It's a little like that old line from Mae West... "I used to be Snow White, then I drifted". ;)

Lloyd

Well, back in the old days, "work with strobes" was considered an "effect". Personally, I have no problem with effects of any kind. It's a little like that old line from Mae West... "I used to be Snow White, then I drifted". ;)
ok, i buy that... and I'm "pure as the driven" myself. ;)

D

ddk

You make an interesting team Lloyd, you should continue this creative bond.:thumbs:

otumay

Wow, I say, wow! This all adds up to saying that it's the photographer, not the camera that takes beautiful pictures.