The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Increasing the distance to the gutter, getting closer to the stars. That's good :lecture:
Congratulations with your new appartment, Jorgen. Nice balcony view !

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys. My new apartment has a range of advanced features. Among them are separate rooms for sleep and work. In addition, there's a largish, square room which the owner claims is a living-room, but he doesn't fool me. I know a potential photo studio when I see one :D

Here's another proof that one doesn't need a German camera to make grainy, out-of-focus, black & white images :lecture:

D80 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2

Lloyd

Thanks guys. My new apartment has a range of advanced features. Among them are separate rooms for sleep and work. In addition, there's a largish, square room which the owner claims is a living-room, but he doesn't fool me. I know a potential photo studio when I see one :D

Here's another proof that one doesn't need a German camera to make grainy, out-of-focus, black & white images :lecture:

Hey... yeah, true enough. Nice portrait... and b/w.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
... a largish, square room which the owner claims is a living-room, but he doesn't fool me. I know a potential photo studio when I see one :D
:ROTFL:

Sometimes, a few words are worth a thousands pictures... :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new appartment, and great nighttime balcony photo!

Spoken & shot like a true wedding photog... or is it an engagement party?
Lots of complicity and tenderness in this one.

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
@ Corlan: ... there was obviously some reddish color fringing at the lower edge of the light from the vindow.
actually there was a bit more red on the original posted, with also a bluish line somewhere (but can't remember exactly where since you've changed the upload? or is it old age? :confused:)

I always start the post processing in Capture NX (v.1) by removing the Auto Color Aberration and the Noise Reduction as well, it has become a habit, maybe a bad habit.
I usually do very little post processing, I'm either too lazy, too much of a purist, or more likely too ignorant with regards to post processing.
I hear you :)

Re Auto CA & Noise, it's also turned off in my NX2 by default, though it's incredibly efficient when needed. A handy tool!

Dunno if NX works as good as the latest version in this regard, from user reports it seems that it was improved though.

Did you give NX2 a try (and not only for CA)?
It's more than a OK software, even compared to C1 v5 for many applications. Needs a fast computer though... :lecture:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt, you definitely have to be careful when taking your photos. Some time ago it looked like the occasional serial criminal was the obvious threat, now you've added all kind of industrial hazards... but the photos are really great.

And looking at'em, one keeps raving about the amount of potential recycling to be achieved from these decades. Frightening material waste...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
:ROTFL:
Spoken & shot like a true wedding photog... or is it an engagement party?
Lots of complicity and tenderness in this one.
None, actually. It's from the christening of their first child, my second granddaughter.

As for weddings; I try to avoid those, unless I can be the second, third or fourth photographer, doing things my way as a wedding gift. Too much at stake.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Our first "snow" on the driveway. I wish all the storms were this benign. The sun has melted most of it already.

Lloyd

Our first "snow" on the driveway. I wish all the storms were this benign. The sun has melted most of it already.
Very delicate on those trees, and nice light in the background. Sorry it's melted... but I suspect you'll see more than you'd like this winter, I always do. We're at 70 right now. Ten days ago it was 33 for the high.

etrigan63

Fun picture. Went to a website called tiltshiftmaker.com. You upload a JPEG and then it will convert it online into a pseudo tilt/shift image making the scene look like a diorama. Pretty neat and free!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Very delicate on those trees, and nice light in the background. (...)
+ 1, so beautiful, Tim

@ Matt and Matt: very cool indoor and outdoor shots :thumbup:

Great moment, Jorgen ! What a nice couple, they look so happy.