The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

etrigan63

Not my work, but my 12-year old daughter's. She was assigned "Antigravity" for her photography homework:

She saw a similar shot on flickr along with the setup. I showed her how to use my tripod and the live view on my D700, but after that I just held the flash off-camera.

Lloyd

Not my work, but my 12-year old daughter's. She was assigned "Antigravity" for her photography homework:

She saw a similar shot on flickr along with the setup. I showed her how to use my tripod and the live view on my D700, but after that I just held the flash off-camera.
Nicely done... chip off the ol' block.

m_driscoll

Love the color! What process did you use?
Lloyd: Thanks for liking the moment and my choice of a Lightroom Preset

Etrigan63: It's a Lightroom Preset called "Color 300 -300 v1" that I downloaded from somewhere a few years ago. The left column on my Lightroom screen has about 100 presets. Which, I really haven't used in a couple of years (unless, I want one of the weird and wacky ones for some reason). I'm not a purist, I use CS4, LightZone, Photomatrix, and numerous NIK products; all beginning and ending in Lightroom 2.

I've used this300 v1 Preset 3-4 times in the last couple of years. It does the following to the Lightroom settings in Develop: exposure - +0.33; recovery - 20; fill light - 40; brightness - + 45; contrast - -70; tone curve - medium contrast; Split toning - highlights - h55, s31%; shadows - h55, s0%; lens correction - amount - -100; midpoint - 20. Then tweak the Tone settings to suit (usually lighten).

It has a "distillation" quality about it that emphasizes the structural elements of a photograph. Color pushed Tri-X film. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

aboudd

Lloyd told me I had this posted in the wrong place. So - here it is, our nation's capital at daybreak, before the pols come out and mess everything up.
Shot with the Voigtlander 180MM

Last edited:

Lloyd

Lloyd told me I had this posted in the wrong place. So - here it is, our nation's capital at daybreak, before the pols come out and mess everything up.
Shot with the Voigtlander 180MM
Beautiful image, Aboud. And you're so, so right about the politicians. :thumbup:

aboudd

Here is another from the series, this one was around 6:30 AM. Also with the 180 fom the plaza of the Lincoln Memorial

Last edited:

Lloyd

Here is another from the series, this one was around 6:30 AM. Also with the 180 fom the plaza of the Lincoln Memorial
Truly impressive, Aboud. You're putting that great lens to very excellent use. Looking forward to more!

Lloyd

Re: Cow Bay, Prince Rupert, BC

This one's been a struggle to pp. Too dark, too light, too cold, too warm, blown highlight, etc. C & c appreciated. Cheers.

D300; 28mm f/1.4; 1/32s @ f/9; ISO 400

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
I'd try to offer some criticism Matt, but the truth is, I like the image very much. Of course there's the obvious burned out area in the sky, but I don't find that it detracts from the overall for me. The quality of the light in general more than compensates.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: Cow Bay, Prince Rupert, BC

This one's been a struggle to pp. Too dark, too light, too cold, too warm, blown highlight, etc. C & c appreciated. Cheers.
It does look like a tough one. Since neither the blown highlight or the not-quite-real looking light in the shadows don't really work for me, I wonder if it might not work with the boats silhouetted. Just a thought and strictly a matter of opinion.