The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

"Police Horse on Duty"

I took another look at these photos and cropped in a bit to focus on the kids and the horse. This is the newest AF-S lens. Thanks for C & C. Cheers.

1. D700; 50mm f/1.4;1/6000s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

2. D700; 50mm f/1.4;1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

3. D700; 50mm f/1.4;1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

4. D700; 50mm f/1.4;1/6000s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

routlaw

Finally got a crack at some autumn color... quick trip to Zion at peek color.

Rob

24 PC/E lens/D3/LR converter
85 PC lens/D3/LR converter
24 PC/E lens/D3/LR

Last edited:

Lloyd

Finally got a crack at some autumn color... quick trip to Zion at peek color.

Rob

24 PC/E lens/D3/LR converter
85 PC lens/D3/LR converter
24 PC/E lens/D3/LR
Holy cats, Rob. Those are stunning. I just put my 85 PC up for sale on the classifieds here, but looking at that second shot I may have to rethink that decision. Now if I could just use it as wonderfully as you do!

routlaw

Holy cats, Rob. Those are stunning. I just put my 85 PC up for sale on the classifieds here, but looking at that second shot I may have to rethink that decision. Now if I could just use it as wonderfully as you do!
Thanks Lloyd for those comments, unfortunately I lied, though not intentionally, as all of the previous were done with the 24 PC/E. But the following pictures were done with the 85 PC, a lens I would never be without. In fact the only two lenses I used for this trip were the 24 & 85 PC on the D3 plus some work done with the Betterlight scan back which I will post later. Just an fyi, I tested the newer version of this lens against my old one, resolution was about the same give or take a few points, however the newer nano coated crystal glass does have more contrast and pop out of the box.

The next two photos are 3 frame stitches with the 85 PC using the shift function, and the last a single frame 85 PC image, all from the D3 and all converted in LR.

Rob

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd for those comments, unfortunately I lied, though not intentionally, as all of the previous were done with the 24 PC/E. But the following pictures were done with the 85 PC, a lens I would never be without. In fact the only two lenses I used for this trip were the 24 & 85 PC on the D3 plus some work done with the Betterlight scan back which I will post later. Just an fyi, I tested the newer version of this lens against my old one, resolution was about the same give or take a few points, however the newer nano coated crystal glass does have more contrast and pop out of the box.

The next two photos are 3 frame stitches with the 85 PC using the shift function, and the last a single frame 85 PC image, all from the D3 and all converted in LR.

Rob
Those are all stunners, Rob. (When was there something you posted which was not?!?) My 85pc is the older version, and I don't think a new one is in the cards right now, so I may have to keep what I have.

Lloyd

And just a few more with the 24 PC/E lens.

Rob
Awesome. I seriously covet this lens... now if I could learn to use it like you do!! BTW, please post a link here on this thread when you post the Betterlight shots, ok? Thanks.

routlaw

Awesome. I seriously covet this lens... now if I could learn to use it like you do!! BTW, please post a link here on this thread when you post the Betterlight shots, ok? Thanks.
Thanks again Lloyd. The 24 PC is very nice lens, fun to use but do wish I also had the 45 PC as well. It would have come in handy in conjunction with these other two. Will do on link for the LF photos.

Rob

Lloyd

Thanks again Lloyd. The 24 PC is very nice lens, fun to use but do wish I also had the 45 PC as well. It would have come in handy in conjunction with these other two. Will do on link for the LF photos.

Rob
I can believe that... the 45 would be a very useful focal length.

Thanks... and I look forward to that link. :thumbup:

AlexLF

Rob, the landscapes are just perfect! May I ask you to publish some 100% crops of images taken with 24 PC lens? Thank you.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Somebody needed a photo from Vietnam last night, so I went through some of those from bygone times, like in "earlier this year". I think I need a trip to Hanoi :p

I posted this one earlier, in a partly b&w version and a different crop, but "Girls on Vespa"... can there ever be too much of such a good thing?

S5 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/8.0