The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

routlaw

Alex below are a few 100% crops per your request.

Some are better than others having more to do with user error most likely. I think the crops should be fairly obvious as to which photos they go with but if you get confused let me know. All of the jpegs have a compression of 9 out of 12 in PS.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Last edited:

Lloyd

Somebody needed a photo from Vietnam last night, so I went through some of those from bygone times, like in "earlier this year". I think I need a trip to Hanoi :p

I posted this one earlier, in a partly b&w version and a different crop, but "Girls on Vespa"... can there ever be too much of such a good thing?

S5 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/8.0
Nope. Never. :thumbup:

Lloyd

Alex below are a few 100% crops per your request.

Some are better than others having more to do with user error most likely. I think the crops should be fairly obvious as to which photos they go with but if you get confused let me know. All of the jpegs have a compression of 9 out of 12 in PS.

Hope this helps.

Rob
Pretty impressive for crops, Rob. That one in the lower right could stand on its own as an image.

routlaw

Pretty impressive for crops, Rob. That one in the lower right could stand on its own as an image.
Lloyd

You should see the crops from the scan back, sort of sick and twisted by comparison! :D Don't get me wrong, love my Nikons, but...

Rob

Lloyd

Lloyd

You should see the crops from the scan back, sort of sick and twisted by comparison! :D Don't get me wrong, love my Nikons, but...

Rob
I have no doubt about that Rob. I've seen some of Stephen Johnson's work with the Betterlight. Looking forward to seeing your for sure!!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Greeeat, Giorgio :thumbup:
I really dig it to see the excellent D2XS DX sensor used for studio work, where much larger sensors usually rule. Well done.

And Matt, that machine has a lot of personality :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I picked up my latest acquisition today; an old Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 AF, no S. Slow focusing on the D80, probably better on the S5, but I just love lenses where I don't need to worry about what is the optimal focal length and aperture. This one is sharp enough at 300mm and f/4 :p

I didn't really buy it for street candids, but there weren't any tigers or bald eagles at Siam Square today :)

D80 with Nikkor 300mm f/4 @ f/4

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I'm very impressed by the colours from the D80 with this lens. Can't wait to try it with the S5.

D80 with Nikkor 300mm f/4 @ f/4

Oh, and btw, I stopped at a Mac shop on the way, just to check the price of the latest Mini. Unfortunately, I couldn't resist trying the new iMac 27". Bad move :( Very bad move :cry: Until today, I actually thought that my LG monitor was ok. It's not, or at least not nearly as ok as the display on that iMac.

Why can't Apple hide their shops somewhere out in the forest or in the rice fields, to protect weak souls like myself from wanting the latest, greatest, and depriving us from sleep at night and whatnot :cussing:

Lloyd

I picked up my latest acquisition today; an old Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 AF, no S. Slow focusing on the D80, probably better on the S5, but I just love lenses where I don't need to worry about what is the optimal focal length and aperture. This one is sharp enough at 300mm and f/4 :p

I didn't really buy it for street candids, but there weren't any tigers or bald eagles at Siam Square today :)
Nice acquisition, Jorgen, and this is a great shot. Love it.