The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

JohnH

Jorgen,

I enjoy your images. You are always raising the bar!

And I am waiting anxiously for the first snow of the winter. :toocool:

I have been here - Bangkok - for 12 months now, and missed the snow last year when I left the country for a couple of weeks.

Oddly, I will be away for a couple of weeks this winter as well.

Cheers,

John

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks for all the comments. Now more from Bangkok at Night.

D3X, 17-55mm, 2.8, 1/13 sec, Handheld. [Models are 1/25]
John, i love the first one here. It really gets you into the moment.

( btw, what's with the jpeg compression? )

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Sometimes, it's simply too much. Why can't this old man with the camera go somewhere else, find another victim to take photos of :cussing:

S5 with Tamron 17-50mm @ 46mm and f/2.8

After using the D80 for a couple of months (the size fits me better), I'm back to the S5 again. For portraits in difficult lighting, there's simply no question. The S5 handles that in a way that can't be compared to anything. And that DR...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
But before lunch, we had been to the races, the boat races. Lots of testosterone floating around there.

S5 with Nikkor 300mm AF D and Tamron 1.4x TC @ 420mm and f/7.1

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd, Osman...

Lloyd that's another brilliant facet of your favorite model :)
Really great, delicate ligth and tones on this one!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very nicely composed, Jorgen. Great light, and wonderful color... really works with it just on the one side. :thumbup:
Thanks Lloyd, and thanks all the rest of you for comments further up. I'm still drowning in everyday tasks, so I don't always see what goes on in this thread. Just trying to post a photo now and then :)

Here's another one from Oslo; the Gokstad Ship from the Viking Ship Museum. The ship was built in the late 9th century, and is in extremely good shape.

D80 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, and thanks all the rest of you for comments further up. I'm still drowning in everyday tasks, so I don't always see what goes on in this thread. Just trying to post a photo now and then :)

Here's another one from Oslo; the Gokstad Ship from the Viking Ship Museum. The ship was built in the late 9th century, and is in extremely good shape.

D80 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8
The symmetry of that ship is pretty impressive. Beautifully photographed Jorgen.