The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

T

tetsrfun

On the subject of "bokeh monsters" is the D-300 + CZ ('blad) 110mm f/2 combination worthwhile or just a gear-head affectation?

Steve

Lloyd

S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/4.0
Love this!! Great shot, wonderful detail and crop. (And nostalgic for me. My first serious motorcycle was a 1963 FL Duo Glide. It looked good, but pissed oil on my leg, and left parts of itself all all over. Still, I loved that bike.)

T

tetsrfun

Love this!! Great shot, wonderful detail and crop. (And nostalgic for me. My first serious motorcycle was a 1963 FL Duo Glide. It looked good, but pissed oil on my leg, and left parts of itself all all over. Still, I loved that bike.)
First bike...first love....Mine was a 650cc, vertical twin, 1955 BSA Road Rocket. Kept a cake pan under it to catch the oil drips and pushed it home more than once. New bikes just don't have personality. :>)

Steve

Lloyd

We were disappointed that our daughter-in-law missing out on the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day, so we found another run for her to do this past weekend. She ran the Santa Run 5K on Saturday, and was able to run with her brother (here eating a candy-cane as he runs... the Aid Stations served them, along with milk and cookies!), who was in town from Colorado. The Santa hats, beards and shirts were included in the entry. Good news is, she exceeded her own expectations and ran 4 minutes faster than her time goal.

D3, 70-200/2.8 VRII

A friend of ours ran as well, although in the "Full Santa Suit" division (he had to provide his own suit), and finished 1st Place overall.

Last edited:
T

tetsrfun

Well the 70-200 VR II just arrived, enough time for me to practice a bit before the next marathon.

Just put it on the D300 and shot a couple of hand held indoor, low light shots, I am no expert but Wow does this lens do a good job.

Steve

Lloyd

Well the 70-200 VR II just arrived, enough time for me to practice a bit before the next marathon.

Just put it on the D300 and shot a couple of hand held indoor, low light shots, I am no expert but Wow does this lens do a good job.

Steve
Yes, I'm a believer. Those shots I just posted above were much better than what I was getting on the D3 with the VR I. (I do like the VRI on the D300, however.)

T

tetsrfun

Yes, I'm a believer.
Me too..Not exactly high "art" but this is my first shot...inside, overhead light off, just put it on the D300, turned and fired at a book case. 200mm, 1/10 sec, f/2.8.

Steve

Last edited:

m_driscoll

We were disappointed that our daughter-in-law missing out on the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day, so we found another run for her to do this past weekend. She ran the Santa Run 5K on Saturday, and was able to run with her brother (here eating a candy-cane as he runs... the Aid Stations served them, along with milk and cookies!), who was in town from Colorado. The Santa hats, beards and shirts were included in the entry. Good news is, she exceeded her own expectations and ran 4 minutes faster than her time goal.

D3, 70-200/2.8 VRII

A friend of ours ran as well, although in the "Full Santa Suit" division (he had to provide his own suit), and finished 1st Place overall.
Lloyd: Nice shots. My running days are over, but kudos to those that do. You must have just got that lens. It wasn't available last week at my camera pusher. It has nice bokeh. Look forward to more images. Have you tried it with a teleconverter? Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Lloyd: Nice shots. My running days are over, but kudos to those that do. You must have just got that lens. It wasn't available last week at my camera pusher. It has nice bokeh. Look forward to more images. Have you tried it with a teleconverter? Cheers.

Thanks Matt. Yes, it's very new. My wife ordered it for me as a surprise, and we picked it up on the day before Thanksgiving... every one our local camera pusher had was gone the first day. Other than the "Sad Girl" shot of my wife, taken on Thanksgiving, these shots were the "maiden voyage". I'm certainly pleased so far. I haven't had a chance to try it with a teleconverter. I only have the 1.4, but I do intend to give it a whirl soon.

m_driscoll

"A couple more foggy photos"

I can't help it. I love these Prince Rupert, BC, images taken in the fog. They're fun to PP. All of my usual processes clear away the fog. I'm having to take a much lighter approach to try to maintain the it. Thanks for any c & c. Cheers.

1. D3; 14-24mm f/2.8; 24mm; 1/250s @ f/8; +1/3 EV; ISO 800

2. D3; 14-24mm f/2.8; 14mm; 1/50s @ f/22; +1/3 EV; ISO 800

3. D3; 14-24mm f/2.8; 20mm; 1/2500s @ f/2.8; +1/3 EV; ISO 800

Lloyd

Re: "A couple more foggy photos"

I can't help it. I love these Prince Rupert, BC, images taken in the fog. They're fun to PP. All of my usual processes clear away the fog. I'm having to take a much lighter approach to try to maintain the it. Thanks for any c & c. Cheers.

Very nice work, Matt. They certainly passed the "Mimi Test", she was sitting by me when I opened your post, and her immediate reaction was something like, "Oh, those are so nice... they draw you right in, and you feel like you're right there. I can feel the chill from here." She especially like the second one. I second her opinions. :thumbup: