The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

Quick test of the new 70-200/2.8G ED VRII with the TC-14E II teleconverter. All three taken with the D3, Aperture Priority. These were handheld, and all taken within one minute. Shot RAW, and then processed in ACR 5.0. Processing was the same for each. Resize and sharpen for web in CS4:

F4 - Vignetting clearly visible:

F6.3 - Still visible, but reduced:

F10 - Vignetting no longer apparent:
Lloyd: Thanks for posting your experiment. Definitely looks useable with a little PP. Does Cornerfix work with Nikon? I've only read about it with reference to Leica. I'm going to try mine out tomorrow on the D700. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Still busy running around, not getting much done, except some furniture yesterday. Here's from the preparations, two of the staff trying to adjust a chair built for big, strong westerners into shape, while I tried to get the exposure right. We all succeeded eventually :)

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/7.1
Jorgen: Nice image. Dynamically balanced with the women's body positions and the force vectors of their implied actions. Cheers.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I went to a garden party the other day, and guess what; they had entertainment. A harpist! Not sure about the photographic qualities here, but who cares anyway... :p

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/9.0. Metz 70 straight in her face.

JohnH

Lloyd - I am missing the mountains. Looks like the side of Mt Olympus?

Bangkok people keep telling me its winter, but I haven't seen any snow yet.

:)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Went to the races last Sunday. Great fun as usual, particularly with my new, old 300mm :)

S5 with Nikkor 300mm AF and Tamron 1.4x TC @ f/5.6

Yes, we do like the Thai winter :D

Lloyd

Lloyd - I am missing the mountains. Looks like the side of Mt Olympus?

Bangkok people keep telling me its winter, but I haven't seen any snow yet.

:)
Hi John. Actually, it's the "Broad's Fork Twins", which is the next major peak south of Mt. Olympus. It's the most prominent, westerly peak between Big Cottonwood Canyon and Little Cottonwood Canyon. The East "Twin" isn't visible from the angle of this shot, which was taken from my front porch.

As for snow, we haven't had much here yet either. Looks like it's coming next week... I hope so, we'll need the water next summer for sure.

Lloyd

Lloyd: Thanks for posting your experiment. Definitely looks useable with a little PP. Does Cornerfix work with Nikon? I've only read about it with reference to Leica. I'm going to try mine out tomorrow on the D700. Cheers.

Hi Matt. I haven't tried Cornerfix on any Nikon files yet, but that's an interesting idea. I did find that the vignetting disappeared as I increased exposure, so I believe it's not as big an issue as what I was seeing with the VRI. (BTW, Mimi will be honored to have her opinion respected on anything photographic.)

Lloyd

Hi Matt. I haven't tried Cornerfix on any Nikon files yet, but that's an interesting idea. I did find that the vignetting disappeared as I increased exposure, so I believe it's not as big an issue as what I was seeing with the VRI. (BTW, Mimi will be honored to have her opinion respected on anything photographic. Thanks. :thumbup:)

Lloyd

Very nice, as usual, Jorgen. An, as for the harpist, I guess it's true then, angels do play harps! ;)

fultonpics

when i took this a week and a half ago, just thought it was a bad picture. maybe not? :deadhorse:
(copyrighted as it was submitted to wire service)

Lloyd

when i took this a week and a half ago, just thought it was a bad picture. maybe not? :deadhorse:
(copyrighted as it was submitted to wire service)
Ouch!:bugeyes: Nope, just a piece of history. ;)

(I've seen that one with a couple of stories. Nice catch.)