The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

AlexLF

Wow! Great photographs recently All! ... Sorry, I've been very busy with a project (website) and hopefully I'll be back to photography this week. ...but it's -22 C (-8 F) here in Moscow and I'm not sure I want to get out my Nikon out of bag.

Lloyd

My doctor (and my loving wife) put me on a very restrictive diet to try and get some issues under control. I'm ok with it really, as it beats the alternatives, but still... :)

D300, 17-55/2.8 @ f11, 1/200 ISO 200:

shtarka1

Now this is an instant classic. Part Alex Webb, part HCB... :thumbs:
Appreciate it Corlan!
Great photo, and again, your processing makes this into pure joy :thumbs:
Thanks Jorgen!
Wow! Great photographs recently All! ... Sorry, I've been very busy with a project (website) and hopefully I'll be back to photography this week. ...but it's -22 C (-8 F) here in Moscow and I'm not sure I want to get out my Nikon out of bag.
Alex...Too Cold For Me!:)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
My doctor (and my loving wife) put me on a very restrictive diet to try and get some issues under control. I'm ok with it really, as it beats the alternatives, but still... :)
This rocks!! :toocool:

(and sounds like myself earlier before having a nice foie gras and scallops sauté dinner) :angel:

shtarka1

Lloyd, your in Good Hand's! Your Wife is an Elite Athlete who im sure knows a thing or two about a healthy diet & exercise program. Listen to what she says & you'll be fine....:thumbs:

Lloyd

Lloyd, your in Good Hand's! Your Wife is an Elite Athlete who im sure knows a thing or two about a healthy diet & exercise program. Listen to what she says & you'll be fine....:thumbs:
Thanks Steve. I'm trying to adopt (and adapt) her mantra, the one she repeats before a big race, when she's worried she's not prepared: "Trust the training!" Still, all things considered, I wish I was going for dinner at Mossimo's in the North End tonight. :) Just sayin'...

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
foie gras and scallops sauté!?! :banghead:
Here they say you can have that provided that you add lemon to the creamy safran sauce and just a couple glass of Chablis (personal find: 1er cru works better). Though Pouilly Fuissé seems to do the trick, too.

Of course it's healthy only with the classic expresso & Bas-Armagnac digestif.

Just don't do lens sharpness tests for the following couple hours...

Lloyd

Here they say you can have that provided that you add lemon to the creamy safran sauce and just a couple glass of Chablis (personal find: 1er cru works better). Though Pouilly Fuissé seems to do the trick, too.

Of course it's healthy only with the classic expresso & Bas-Armagnac digestif.

Just don't do lens sharpness tests for the following couple hours...
:cussing:

shtarka1

Thanks Steve. I'm trying to adopt (and adapt) her mantra, the one she repeats before a big race, when she's worried she's not prepared: "Trust the training!" Still all things considered, I wish I was going for dinner at Mossimo's in the North End tonight. :)
Hey...Thats my neck of the woods! We could always order you some fresh sea bass & steamed vegetables....Me & Vito Mossimo went to different schools together...He owes me a favor...;)

Lloyd

Hey...Thats my neck of the woods! We could always order you some fresh sea bass & steamed vegetables....Me & Vito Mossimo went to different schools together...He owes me a favor...;)
I think that choice would pass muster. :thumbup:

I miss your "neck of the woods". My mother is from Boston, and we lived in Cambridge for a while years ago... corner of Museum and Gorham, right across the street from the Harvard Divinity School. I stopped by there a couple of years ago to take some pictures. The current owner confronted me, but relented when I explained my history with the place.

shtarka1

I think that choice would pass muster. :thumbup:

I miss your "neck of the woods". My mother is from Boston, and we lived in Cambridge for a while years ago... corner of Museum and Gorham, right across the street from the Harvard Divinity School. I stopped by there a couple of years ago to take some pictures. The current owner confronted me, but relented when I explained my history with the place.
Aha...Neighbor! So you were a Larry Bird,Carl Yastremski & Bobby Orr Fan?

North End

Inside Museum Of Science

Lloyd

Aha...Neighbor! So you were a Larry Bird,Carl Yastremski & Bobby Orr Fan?
Nostalgia galore. Yes, all of the above, but the Sox above all. My mother, who will be 80 this coming year, was a huge Sox fan... she sat by the radio as a kid, and kept score in a scorebook. She still has stacks of them. She's a very quiet person by nature, but when they finally won the series she was literally jumping up and down and screaming. I was so happy for her, I cried.

shtarka1

Nostalgia galore. Yes, all of the above, but the Sox above all. My mother, who will be 80 this coming year, was a huge Sox fan... she sat by the radio as a kid, and kept score in a scorebook. She still has stacks of them. She's a very quiet person by nature, but when they finally won the series she was literally jumping up and down and screaming. I was so happy for her, I cried.
That's Awesome! My mom was an insane Celtics fan & like your mom, never missed a game on tv or WRKO radio! Just lost my mom a year ago, but i can still hear her voice in a Romanian accent..."Ah C'Mon Larry"! She used to call Bill Fitch, Bill Finch. Took her to a few games at the old Garden too. Miss the Old Buzzard! Nice story Lloyd. Send Her My Best.:)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That looks serious, and reminds me of a very disturbing moment a few days ago, when I called the restaurant of my father's (and my) favourite chef the other day, to book a table for Christmas Eve:

José, with his mild French accent: I'm afraid you can't reserve a table on Christmas Eve. We're closed.

Me: But Norwegians celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve. How can you be closed?

José: So do the French. That's the reason why we are closed.

Me: Silence.

So we have to struggle through seven courses at the Swiss guy's place instead. Lloyd, I'll send you a friendly thought while we navigate our way from Amuse Bouche to Crepes Jubilées. Cheers :toocool:

Last edited: