The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Absolutely love that first one, Steve :)

My brother and his family came down from Denmark yesterday. I visited them at their hotel room, which was on the 15th floor with river view. I hadn't seen them in 18 months or so, but the view was nice too. Priorities, priorities... we had a great dinner after sunset though :p
Gorgeous sunset, Jorgen. :thumbup:

m_driscoll

My brother and his family came down from Denmark yesterday. I visited them at their hotel room, which was on the 15th floor with river view. I hadn't seen them in 18 months or so, but the view was nice too. Priorities, priorities... we had a great dinner after sunset though :p

D80 with 70-300 ED @ 70mm and f/5.6
Beautiful sunset and composition. Always fun to see your photos. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Thanks all! Alex ..Excellent portraits! Jorgen...Sunset is Breathtaking! Jason, welcome aboard & Super Cyclocross grab!
Lloyd...last shot is an Easter Egg....Thanks!

AlexLF

D80 with 70-300 ED @ 70mm and f/5.6

I told you already about you and composition :) The composition here is very strong... and unusual... to me, at least.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I told you already about you and composition :) The composition here is very strong... and unusual... to me, at least.
Thanks Alex and others. Getting all those boats lined up was hard work :LOL: Luckily for me, my kind brother supplied me with beer while we waited :p

Just to give you an idea of the size of that cat, here's one with the owner as well, after a long struggle getting the animal airborne.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 112mm and f/3.2

Thanks everyone!

What happened next was the fellow who was about to go down saved it!

Believe it or not, this was with my back up, a D200 with a 28-70, shutter priority at 1250, I think. I may have had to back it off to 1000 by that point in the day.

Great forum with amazing talent here. Hoping to learn a lot and share a lot!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Winter's here now but working on last month files it's obvious that November's weather has been spectacular to say the least.

Reading the -enlightening- discussion this week between Jorgen and Lloyd on portrait angles made me look into photos from the "down the canal" series. Here's a couple to post here, it's been quite some time that i did not shoot candids, so feel free to comment, including PP -skin's thick, don't hesitate to shoot :)

Among this small group of fishermen, the man in focus here was the man of the hour, catching more fish than everyone else, and always helpful...

"Focused":

D700 - CZ 50/2 - Autumn Sun...