The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Snow fun around here.

D300, 12-24/4 @ 12/f8. 1/1000, -.67 EV, ISO 160:

D300, 12-24/4 @ 18/f8. 1/800, -.67 EV, ISO 160:

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Those are both nice, Lloyd, but you should send your lens in for service. There's a lot of white fringing on that fence, and I don't think it can be corrected in ACR ;)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
From a stroll along the beach this morning. I was looking for some nice, idyllic beach photos. Not easy to find...

S5 with 70-300 ED @ 240mm and f/8.0

S5 with 70-300 ED @ 200mm and f/8.0

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Sounds like you don't exactly have the same weather as the rest of us :(
Nice catch on the second one... Vibrant colors on the last!

Lloyd

Those are both nice, Lloyd, but you should send your lens in for service. There's a lot of white fringing on that fence, and I don't think it can be corrected in ACR ;)
Oh... thanks for calling that to my attention. I'm boxing it up to send to Nikon now!! ;)

Great shots at the beach, and of the boats. I like the natural framing (or encircling?) I envy your warm weather too.

shtarka1

Nice "white stuff" Lloyd!
Jorgen , love the framing!

Caught this guy in the neighbor's yard during our Massive snowstorm in Boston yesterday, looking for food....

D300, 300vr 2.8
I guess the title must be "Holiday Card"!:rolleyes::)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

Caught this guy in the neighbor's yard during our Massive snowstorm in Boston yesterday, looking for food....

D300, 300vr 2.8
Gorgeous, Steve.
And kinda fun, which doesn't hurt.

Talking about little birds looking for food in the snow, i was less lucky yesterday...

Apparently at some extremes, the VR can't help you :(
I don't understand though, the shooting technique was nearly, er, flawless... almost night time, ISO up the roof, one hand gently throwing seeds to the bird in order to get closer, shooting one-handed the D700 with grip & 105VR with the other one... :eek:

:deadhorse: :D

Lloyd

D300, 300vr 2.8
That's a beauty, Steve. And I think NOT calling it that would be a cardinal sin. :D

Lloyd

Gorgeous, Steve.
And kinda fun, which doesn't hurt.

Talking about little birds looking for food in the snow, i was less lucky yesterday...

Apparently at some extremes, the VR can't help you :(
I don't understand though, the shooting technique was nearly, er, flawless... almost night time, ISO up the roof, one hand gently throwing seeds to the bird in order to get closer, shooting one-handed the D700 with grip & 105VR with the other one... :eek:
Good effort... the throwing seeds worked, at least.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

D300, 300vr 2.8
Very beautiful. Almost makes me miss snowstorms :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Good effort... the throwing seeds worked, at least.
I guess that's the "flawless" part of the shooting technique :rolleyes:

But you're right Lloyd, always take the positive side of an experiment...
And obviously beside the poor light, 100mm is way too short for shooting such easy to scare, small birds... simply pushed the VR to unreasonnable limits. A great success in this regard :D