The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

My Mother is from Boston, and a lifelong, diehard Red Sox fan. It's a legacy she passed on to the family. Here's my nephew, who found a lump in the toe of his stocking Christmas morning. He figured it was coal (which wouldn't have surprised us! :)), but discovered his wife had found a treasure... a piece of the wall (legally obtained) from Fenway Park.

D3, 28-70/2.8

shtarka1

Lloyd, that's awesome & a piece of History! I was actually at game 6 of the 75 World Series & still have the ticket stub! I was about 13 or 14 but i'll never forget it!

Lloyd

Lloyd, that's awesome & a piece of History! I was actually at game 6 of the 75 World Series & still have the ticket stub! I was about 13 or 14 but i'll never forget it!
Great image... and that would be an unforgettable memory.

Go Sox! :thumbs:

otumay

Jorgen, Alex, beautiful shots.
Here is a different approach to marketing on wheels.
D700, Nikkor 50/1.4
Best,
Osman

Lloyd

Jorgen, Alex, beautiful shots.
D700, Nikkor 50/1.4
Best,
Osman
Wow. That's amazing, Osman. I remember seeing rugs like that in Greece. I think there were called Flokati. Is that right?

otumay

Thanks Lloyd and Jorgen. Lloyd, I think they are called peloush here, but I am not sure. Never had a use for them, must be difficult to clean;)
Osman

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
My Mother is from Boston, and a lifelong, diehard Red Sox fan. It's a legacy she passed on to the family. Here's my nephew, who found a lump in the toe of his stocking Christmas morning. He figured it was coal (which wouldn't have surprised us! :)), but discovered his wife had found a treasure... a piece of the wall (legally obtained) from Fenway Park.
A priceless treasure indeed.
Incidentally i just ran through the Leica M thread, sorry for what happened... fortunately it seems that she should recover swiftly. My best wishes.

On a lighter note, when reading your unfolding story i confess thinking at some point: "what's with the running thing in this family?" :)

From yesterday's (D3x, 24-70):
Nice lights!

D700, Nikkor 50/1.4
Best,
Osman
Interesting technique... good thing about it, you can safely leave the car keys on... :rolleyes:

Jorgen, this whole series is wonderful, simply put it's like we've been there.
On the technical side, the 85 seems to render a bit more saturated colors than the Tamron, at least under these conditions.
Btw i was wondering what kind of metering you were using here to avoid specular highlights and even get rich colors instead. I rarely do this kind of shots so it's just a feeling, but it seems particularly good on your series.

Last edited: