The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
It's been snowing for last couple of days in Moscow so I thought I'd get out and catch that snowy weather (D3x, 24-70/2.8):
Super cool, Alex!
I like this silky quality rendering in your cityscapes... was wondering if it had a lot to do with PP or if it's from start a general look from your shooting technique and equipment?

Having said that, well i must admit that Leica77 Polynesian scapes have more immediate appeal to me right now in the middle of the winter :D

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Sorting out older folders on this -again- cold, windy Saturday... found this one from which i had posted a crop some time ago (can't find it though). The original below, no crop, pretty much out of the camera with simple Nikon Vivid mode out of NX2, looked kinda ok.

D700 105VR WO (f3.2 corrected) Manual Focus

Lloyd

Sorting out older folders on this -again- cold, windy Saturday... found this one from which i had posted a crop some time ago (can't find it though). The original below, no crop, pretty much out of the camera with simple Nikon Vivid mode out of NX2, looked kinda ok.

On a cold wintry day, it's nice to see a reminder that the world will have some warmth and color again. Thanks. I needed that.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
On a cold wintry day, it's nice to see a reminder that the world will have some warmth and color again. Thanks. I needed that.
Actually i stopped working on two ongoing series to dig in last summer stuff and i guess this one stood out for the very same reasons. Winter is on depressing side this year here :(

AlexLF

Thank you all for your comments!

Corlan, this time I used tripod and mirror up technique :) And Live view too.
I have a sharpening action in PS so I use it all the time. It's just one parameter that I change from pic to pic, that's all.
Obviously, these photos could be taken with almost any DSLR, considering the size of these JPEG's. But! As I tend to take pictures having BIG PRINTS in mind I take them with the best camera and lenses - the D3x and ... the lens I have for now: 24-70/2.8. I'm sure though I'd get the results even better with my Linhof but here's the common problem with large format - the whole setup is large and heavy :( I take out Linhof only when I know 100% that I have to take best of the best.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
You guys rock! Seriously, great stuff in here.

It's wicked cold and windy out. The yard is frozen and slick as a bottle. So I got bored and started playing around with the lensbaby and the screw-on magnifier lenses. Just for fun, eh?

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
You guys rock! Seriously, great stuff in here.

It's wicked cold and windy out. The yard is frozen and slick as a bottle. So I got bored and started playing around with the lensbaby and the screw-on magnifier lenses. Just for fun, eh?
Nice one, Tim. Made me smile :)
And nice textures as always.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Corlan! Have to do something (anything?) to keep the mind from freezing along with everything else.

Tim

shtarka1

Corlan...Must you be so "Shallow" in the D.O.F. Dept:D?! Striking color & Bokeh!

Tim, cool Fish out of water photo! Reminds me of the one Tony Soprano had over his desk that used to talk to him while he was hallucinating!:D

m_driscoll

A few more bear photos from Khutzeymateen, British Columbia. Thanks for looking. Cheers.

1. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-14E; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 900

2. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-14E; 1/320s @ f/7.1; -1/3 EV; ISO 800

3. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-14E; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 800

4. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-14E; 1/800s @ f/4; ISO 1100

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com