The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Huh... Might have to try that SilverFX pro stuff! Looks like you can do some great stuff with it!

Here's my other niece curling up with Sesame the Wonder Whippet

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Different for sure. Looks like something from the old classic SciFi movie, The Day the Earth Stood Still.
I was thinking almost the same thing, except the first thing that came to my ind was the 1927 Fritz Lang SciFi movie Metropolis:

Steen, what and where is it?

Love the snow goose tip toeing on the ice!!!

+ 1, love the green slope :thumbup:

The northern hemisphere on latitude 56° 00 N
it's cold, windy and hard to totter up on the slippery ice in strong headwind

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G • Capture NX

m_driscoll

Geez! You guys must live in different time zones.

Steen: The goose on ice series is priceless. But, i'd hang the photo of the flags on my wall. It seems calming and stimulating at the same time. Very zen. (Just read Corlan's post. They do look like samurai battle flags. Beginning of Ran?)

DavidK; Have you tried some of the B & W presets in Siver Efex? I know it's not de rigueur, but maybe it's a Tri-X 400 kind of photo. (Steve: good idea about the crop)

Lensbabies, slashers, sleeping nieces, Vigeland (?) sculpture, 1920's German movie posters, roses, and an elegant close up of a camera manual and reading glasses. Do i sense a theme? No! Very eclectic, bizarre and enjoyable posts. I'm going to bed. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
(...) Steen, what and where is it?
It's a nine meter high sculpture "Man meets the sea" made in white concrete at Esbjerg by the danish sculpturer Svend Wiig Hansen.
It's very big, very white and very ugly *)
It can be seen within a distance of many kilometers and is completely spoiling the beautiful nature where it has been put up :rolleyes:
My black and white picture above is far better than the subject itself in my not at all humble opinion ... :angel:

(Btw. with regards to the young kurosawa-flag-windy-ugly-duckly-swan: thank you Jason and Matt !)

*) click to see for yourself in the 1.7 Mb full size version

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G • 1/1000 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Lloyd

It's a nine meter high sculpture "Man meets the sea" made in white concrete at Esbjerg by the danish sculpturer Svend Wiig Hansen.
It's very big, very white and very ugly *)
It can be seen within a distance of many kilometers and is completely spoiling the beautiful nature where it has been put up :rolleyes:
My black and white picture above is far better than the subject itself in my not at all humble opinion ... :angel:
So I guess the best view of these is the one the fellow has here in your image... looking away? :)

Lloyd

Jason: Priceless shot of your niece and the whippet. The farewell D200 rose is very nice as well.

Corlan: Some impressive narrow DOF on that battery check shot. Nice!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Huh... (...)
Sorry, Jason, With my "calling yourself a dentist ..." remark I was just referring to a combination of Matt Viablex' two last images in post # 2814 & 2819.
I was just kidding, but I realize the joke was maybe a tad too cryptic ... :rolleyes:

Sorry, Jason, With my "calling yourself a dentist ..." remark I was just referring to a combination of Matt Viablex' two last images in post # 2814 & 2819.
I was just kidding, but I realize the joke was maybe a tad too cryptic ... :rolleyes:
Nonono... my "Huh" was just being amazed at all the good stuff on here and that even tho I've been shooting since I was 7, I still have soooooo much to learn!

I found a great spot for a Chicago skyline shot. Now I just need the weather to cooperate a bit for me.