The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

otumay

Corlan: Thanks and you are right about pp. I added glamor glow filter from the Color EfexPro palette to ensure her satisfaction ;)

Steve: Thank you very much. My Significant Other will be delighted!

Best,

Osman

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Beautiful images from your boat trip, Osman.
In the last picture, the Sultan Ahmet Mosque I presume ?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
(...) You are right, it is the Sultan Ahmet Mosque (The Blue Mosque to outsiders;)). (...)
Yes, I just tried not to sound like the tourist outsider I actually am :D
I have only been in Istanbul once in my life, but I so much hope to go back some day.
Here's an 'insider' study of the completely fantastic ceiling in the mosque (I also posted this two years ago).

click for the 3.3 Mb full size

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 18-70 at 18mm • 1 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

otumay

Yes, I just tried not to sound like the tourist outsider I actually am :D
I have only been in Istanbul once in my life, but I so much hope to go back some day.
Here's an 'insider' study of the completely fantastic ceiling in the mosque (I also posted this two years ago).
Steen, this is a fantastic shot! I tried shooting many magnificent domes here, in Iran, Syria and India, and found out that my expertise was not up to the task. You can understand my appreciation for your mastery. Thanks for sharing.
Best regards,
Osman

m_driscoll

Albert: Beautiful family portrait.

Steen: The dome shot is magnificent. My technique for shooting these use to be to set the auto timer, lay the camera on the floor pointing straight up, click, and step back. The red light flashes and it takes a long flashless shot. I'd probably get shot, or arrested, if I tried that these days. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks a lot Osman and Matt. My method was exactly the camera on the floor trick.
I simply put the camera on the floor and let the self-timer shutter-release + autofocus take care of the rest.
So you could say that in some rare cases it is actually the camera that takes good pictures and not the photographer :D

And Albert, kudos for the well composed and beautiful family portrait :thumbup:

m_driscoll

A few more bear shote from the Khutzeymateen, British Columbia.
This teenager was a poser. Thanks for looking. Cheers,

1. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-E14; 1/320s @ f/9; ISO 800

2. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-E14; 1/400s @ f/9; ISO 800

3. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-E14; 1/320s @ f/9; ISO 800

4. D3; 300mm f/4 w/TC-E14; 1/400s @ f/9; ISO 800

APY_JR

Thanks a lot Osman and Matt. My method was exactly the camera on the floor trick.
I simply put the camera on the floor and let the self-timer shutter-release + autofocus take care of the rest.
So you could say that in some rare cases it is actually the camera that takes good pictures and not the photographer :D

And Albert, kudos for the well composed and beautiful family portrait :thumbup:
Thank you Steen!

Your mosque ceiling image is fantastic!

Albert

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
A few more bear shote from the Khutzeymateen, British Columbia.
This teenager was a poser. Thanks for looking. Cheers,
I think this is my favorite of all the wonderful Bears you've shown. Terrific!

Someone reminded me of this photo taken a long time ago. It's heavily cropped and not all that sharp, but still has something I think. Maybe it's the remarkable form of the Mallard.

m_driscoll

Albert/Jason: Thanks.

TRSmith: Thanks. I keep sorting through them and PP'g. These are new in that sense. Your photo is a beautiful BIF picture. The colors of the mallard set on the blurred background is terrific. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, (p.s. also, just realized that the lens I used was actually a 300mm f/2.8)