The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Not easy to keep up, with all the excellent photos posted here, and all the monkeys sitting on my shoulders, but here's an attempt anyway.

D80 with 70-300 ED @ 210mm and f/5.0
This lens is ready for the chopping block. It simply doesn't focus fast enough, and when it hunts, I can eat lunch and dinner before it's back on track again. This one is seriously out of focus (or maybe it's not sharp because it's shot wide open, who knows?), and she turned away before I could get a proper lock.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
And another. The S5 would probably have been much better for these photos, or even better; an S6 with a zillion megapixels and clean ISO 1600. 3200? And a Nikkor 70-200mm f/4.0 AF-S VR. Did you hear that, Nikon? Fuji?

D80 with 70-300 ED @ 165mm and f/5.0

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
They are great, Jorgen, the little concentrated girl is priceless.

Do you think Fuji will continue the 'S' dSLR development, or is it a closed chapter ?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
They are great, Jorgen, the little concentrated girl is priceless.

Do you think Fuji will continue the 'S' dSLR development, or is it a closed chapter ?
I believe it's a closed chapter, but you never know with Fuji. They have surprised us before. They were considered out of the DSLR business by most before they launched the S5 as well.

I do believe that they will launch an m4/3 camera this year though. They've been a member of the consortium from the start, and it would make sense when looking at their current line-up.

The exit of Fuji from the F-mount and the lack of a compact, pro-spec telephoto zoom from Nikon makes me put a question mark next to my future Nikon investments. Canon (70-200 f/4), Pentax (50-135 f/2.8 and 60-250 f/4) and Olympus (50-200 f/2.8-3.5) all have zoom lenses that would work great for my travel photography. Nikon only has the 70-300 f/4.5-5.6. The build quality is ok, but not more, and the image quality beyond 200mm is less than stellar with high resolution DX sensors, although a lot better than on my ED version.