The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

shtarka1

Lloyd, that first shot looks like Val Kilmer, the actor! Super job! Your grandson is Awesome! So cute. Top Quality Work Amigo!

Lloyd

Thank You! Here Ya Go...
Kewl, thanks Steve. (and thanks for your comment above). I've certainly been impressed with the results you're getting with it, but I'd honestly never seen one.

I had the 50/1.2 "Normal", which I bought when I got my first F3, circa 1980. My son (the one pictured above) signed up for a photography class in Junior High, and asked if he could use that lens on a Nikkormat body I told him he could use for the class. Somewhat reluctantly, I let him take it, and the very first day it was stolen! He was like, "oh yeah, someone took it"... totally casual about the whole thing. He's a photographer in New York now, and would be completely freaked out if some lifted one of his cameras and/or lenses. :eek:

shtarka1

Kewl, thanks Steve. (and thanks for your comment above). I've certainly been impressed with the results you're getting with it, but I'd honestly never seen one.

I had the 50/1.2 "Normal", which I bought when I got my first F3, circa 1980. My son (the one pictured above) signed up for a photography class in Junior High, and asked if he could use that lens on a Nikkormat body I told him he could use for the class. Somewhat reluctantly, I let him take it, and the very first day it was stolen! He was like, "oh yeah, someone took it"... totally casual about the whole thing. He's a photographer in New York now, and would be completely freaked out if some lifted one of his cameras and/or lenses. :eek:
Funny,but not funny story! I had the 50, 1.2 & loved it but once i got the Noct, i never used it & traded it in,as you know, for M stuff!:)

Lloyd

Funny,but not funny story! I had the 50, 1.2 & loved it but once i got the Noct, i never used it & traded it in,as you know, for M stuff!:)
I remember you mentioned that. I just looked the Noct up on eBay, and Holy Cats!!! :eek::eek::eek:

There are several, mostly AIS (one Ai), and the low price is over $3K, with the high at almost $6K. I mean nice lens, but let's get real folks. :wtf:

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
William, the portrait of the boy is an instant classic :thumbs:

Love your dog shots, Steve, and I don't even like dogs :eek: (15 stray dogs across the canal, keeping me awake at nights). Like your lens too, but the price these days... :shocked: I could hire an assistant for a year for the lowest price in this country.

Lloyd, those portraits are very "Lloydish". Top class :salute:

Lloyd

Beautiful light this morning. Too bad it's in large part to the really bad inversion (read: pollution) we've had with this high pressure system sitting over us.

Nothing special about this first shot, just liked the light:

Did make for some really nice reflections in the windows along my way to my first meeting this morning:

All with the D3 and the 70-200/2.8 VRII

Last edited:

shtarka1

dude where did you get that beauty!!! man that has to be bokehlicious!!!!
Flea Bay about a year & a half ago for a "song"! Its permanently glued to the D3! Thanks!

Love 'em, great dog photos... too cute! And very nice b&w conversions

Rob[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot Rob!