The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

Thanks for all the kind comments in my previous pricure post.

Here another one with the S5Pro and 50mm:
William: That's a very disturbing image! I hope the kid didn't pass out after making that face. Thanks for sharing (i think).

Steve: Great shots of Brownie and Boo Boo. The detail and in focus and OOF are perfect. The first and the second are stunning (Brownie?).

Lloyd: Wonderful portraits. You have a very photogenic family and you always seem to capture special moments and expressions. A great gift to have.

Steve, again: Nice lens and photos!

Lloyd, again: Very cool SCi Fi photo. Needs a few flying taxis zipping by. It's the support towers on a bridge near Boston?

And, Lloyd, yet again: The light on the first and third shots are very special. Good eye.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thank You! Here Ya Go...
Belongs to the lens lust section fur sure... nice take too.
By the way i'm willing to sing you a song -or even a couple- if that's what it takes. :angel:

Matt- cool and colorful fruit & vegetables shot as always.
Makes one want to eat more of them fresh vitamins. Yummy.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
One from the archives. (You might know this place Steve)
Great crop, the illusion is perfect.

Beautiful light this morning. Too bad it's in large part to the really bad inversion (read: pollution) we've had with this high pressure system sitting over us.

Nothing special about this first shot, just liked the light:

Did make for some really nice reflections in the windows along my way to my first meeting this morning:

All with the D3 and the 70-200/2.8 VRII
Nice light and reflections. Wish we had more of those here lately... without the inversion that is :rolleyes:

Talking about morning light, early yesterday i was going through the garden winter chores and on my way to replenish the bird feeder with fresh seeds when the rising sun suddendly and selectively lit the thingy, making it look like a lantern.
Just had time to grab a camera -couple of minutes later the yellow ball was back up into its favorite hiding-place for weeks: behind the clouds.

shtarka1

Love your dog shots, Steve, and I don't even like dogs :eek: (15 stray dogs across the canal, keeping me awake at nights). Like your lens too, but the price these days... :shocked: I could hire an assistant for a year for the lowest price in this country.

Jorgen, sorry about the strays ruining your sleep:(! Thank You...:)

William:

Steve: Great shots of Brownie and Boo Boo. The detail and in focus and OOF are perfect. The first and the second are stunning (Brownie?).

Steve, again: Nice lens and photos!

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks Matt! Your Produce always looks inviting!
Belongs to the lens lust section fur sure... nice take too.
By the way i'm willing to sing you a song -or even a couple- if that's what it takes. :angel:
Thanks C! do you know any Aretha or Pavarotti?!:D

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I often kick myself for not going the extra inch and shooting more. This is especially true when people are the subject. It might have something to do with shyness. Here's an example. I like the shot but was shooting through the machinery and there was a lot of clutter overhead. I had to crop this considerably to get rid of the wires that cut through the guy's hat. Every time something like this happens I tell myself "if only...". Really need to work on that.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
I often kick myself for not going the extra inch and shooting more. This is especially true when people are the subject. It might have something to do with shyness. Here's an example. I like the shot but was shooting through the machinery and there was a lot of clutter overhead. I had to crop this considerably to get rid of the wires that cut through the guy's hat. Every time something like this happens I tell myself "if only...". Really need to work on that.
Absolutely splendid, Tim.
Between the shot quality, the expressions and treatment this photo has a genuine timeless quality to it.

I kinda hear you on the shyness part though (and it obviously doesn't concern this particular shot)... guess not all of us can be blessed with Jorgen's talent when it comes to mingle with people when carrying a camera.

shtarka1

Corlan, it looks like it's lit from the inside! Pretty light indeed!

TR, you've captured the souls of 2 hardworking guys! Nice tone & subtle vignette.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Corlan and Shtarka1. I think the "Jorgen Ability" is maybe a gene thing. What I need is a gene transplant for mingle-ability.

Lloyd

Great crop, the illusion is perfect.

Nice light and reflections. Wish we had more of those here lately... without the inversion that is :rolleyes:

Talking about morning light, early yesterday i was going through the garden winter chores and on my way to replenish the bird feeder with fresh seeds when the rising sun suddendly and selectively lit the thingy, making it look like a lantern.
Just had time to grab a camera -couple of minutes later the yellow ball was back up into its favorite hiding-place for weeks: behind the clouds.

Thanks Corlan, and this one is fantastic!! Great catch!

Lloyd

I agree completely with Corlan's evaluation of this one Tim. Great portrait, perfect (and timeless) treatment.