The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

A couple more from yesterday morning. It looks like the building is right at the end of the street, but it's actually across a canyon, the east edge of which starts where the street ends. From the end of the street it's about a quarter mile across the canyon, and another maybe 200 meters to the building (which is the state capitol building. Only the dome is visible from this perspective.)

D3, 70-200/2.8 VRII:

Lloyd

Thanks Steve and Matt. (beautiful flower shot, btw)

The 70-200 VRII is Awesome!! I couldn't be happier with it. I have used it with a TC-14E II, and it works really well. I did some test (posted them here earlier) which showed some vingetting with with the TC-14 when shooting wide open. Only an issue for landscapes, and it disappears when stopped down.

Lloyd

By the way, don't know if any of you would be interested, but well known commercial photographer, Chase Jarvis is streaming live a photoshoot from his studio. They're talking through what they're doing, e.g., concept, makeup, set decoration, lighting, etc.. Getting ready to do some test shots. This will be on for hours, I checked in an hour ago, and have been glued to the screen ever since.

Here's the link: http://blog.chasejarvis.com/live/

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Super flower shot Matt! :thumbs:
Looks more tele than macro to me, am i wrong?

Steve, mug shot material indeed.
Well, talking about Steinbeck, in particular the background part gets you in this kind of places... Love this shot.

Last edited:

viablex1

no you are spot on of course you dern super pros, it was the crappy and I mean crappy tokina 80-400 I am saving up for a nikon 70-200 with a telextender for costa rica

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Lloyd, i like the Francis Hills type of rendering on the above portrait.

On the capitole dome the perspective illusion is quite incredible from your topographic desciption. And definitely nice light that morning.

By the way 'bout morning lights thanks all for the kind words, just a casual snap seizing the -too rare- opportunity of catching some sun rays trough the lens to the sensor :( :)

Here's a couple more from this few minutes or so interval, before early "clouds sunset". All in all this is 3 shots out of 8 in a couple of minutes:

light was really horizontal:

through the (not so clean) kitchen window, from the outside:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
no you are spot on of course you dern super pros, it was the crappy and I mean crappy tokina 80-400 I am saving up for a nikon 70-200 with a telextender for costa rica
Well Matt i really don't know about "crappy", both the composition and the IQ looks pretty darn good to me.
Nicely setup and shot, and there's still a lot of potential left in processing depending on the mood/style you want to convey.

Gives me ideas :rolleyes: :)

Lloyd

Here's a couple more from this few minutes or so interval, before early "clouds sunset". All in all this is 3 shots out of 8 in a couple of minutes:
That is a lovely light. I can't believe you have bulbed plants up already!? We're at least 4 months away from that around here.