The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

Steve/Lloyd/Corlan: Thanks.

Lloyd: It's the only Nikkor 50mm that I've owned since my Nikkormat days. I think it's a very good lens and dirt cheap by Leica standards. Impressive Italian!

Arlo: Very nice B&W's.

Jorgen: Great capture. You have all the fun.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, guys. It was a lot of fun.

Corlan, I practice hard to get on terms with the AF on the D80. The reason is that I've found that a D90 is probably my next camera, since it's very convenient to have two more or less identical bodies, and since I'll wait to buy a pro body until Nikon comes up with something that suits my needs better (a D700 with video and/or higher resolution or a D300 with video features as good as the 7D).

On this one, I used AF-C, and since there was a followspot on the dancers, which gave strong, contrasty light, I just needed to wait for a pose that had as many body-parts as possible in the same focal plane as her face.

Lloyd

Here's a couple more shots with the AF-S 50mm F/1.4G. Cheers.
Those are really nice, Matt, and that last one is stellar. :thumbup: I may have to give that lens a little more consideration. I have a friend who has one, and complains that it is a little slow focusing. How's that compare with your experience?

m_driscoll

Those are really nice, Matt, and that last one is stellar. :thumbup: I may have to give that lens a little more consideration. I have a friend who has one, and complains that it is a little slow focusing. How's that compare with your experience?
It seems pretty fast to me. I believe, I read, that it was improved over earlier ones. Might depend on the body? Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

I've photographed this guy with an M8, D-Lux 4, D700, and M9. Thanks for looking. Cheers.
Yes, and I've enjoyed every one of them you've posted... this on in particular. Great light on him, perfect detail in the beard, just nice in every way.