The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

shtarka1

I got a call at work last week from the Mrs saying that she stopped by the MSPCA ,dog shelter, where we adopted our 2 cocker spaniels & there was a 14 yr old CS who's owner died & no one would take her. She was in a cage next to a Pitbull & and some other barking Cujo mishoogenna & was petrified! Well i knew what this meant.....! So i present to you the newest member of our family......14 year old Wendy, aka, old lady,old buzzard, Wendell, Mrs. Magoo...etc..

Wendy

Boo Boo

Brownie
D3, 58 Noct 1.2 at iso 1000 :)

routlaw

Dang, not only are you guys prolific but you're good too!

Steve I don't dare let my wife see this story, touching as it is. :cry: Just had to put our buddy of a lifetime (Mocha) down a little over a year ago, and we're still getting over it. Very nice thing to do and great photos of the troops.

Rob

shtarka1

Dang, not only are you guys prolific but you're good too!

Steve I don't dare let my wife see this story, touching as it is. :cry: Just had to put our buddy of a lifetime (Mocha) down a little over a year ago, and we're still getting over it. Very nice thing to do and great photos of the troops.

Rob
Thanks Rob. Sorry about Mocha. They are family to us. We had to put our old buddy Bo Bo down last summer & i still miss him dearly. My wife thinks Bo's spirit is inside of Wendy cause she's running around like a Nut at night b4 bedtime which is what Bo used to do! Not bad for a hundred year old dog!
Thanks Lloyd and shtarka1. Lens is the 17-55 DX at around 38mm, f2.8.
Tr, great IQ!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steve, that's a beautiful thing to adopt an old companion like Wendy and give her shelter, care and love for her latter years.
She's lucky, and so are you. :)

Lloyd

Steve, that's a beautiful thing to adopt an old companion like Wendy and give her shelter, care and love for her latter years.
She's lucky, and so are you. :)
I agree. Good on ya.

We have two little troublemakers here. An 8-year-old Yorkie, and an almost 16 year-old toy poodle. The poodle is almost completely blind and deaf, and has bad shoulders, but we love him. He still has some quality of life, so we're hoping he'll be ok a little longer. We rescued him from an abusive situation when he was a year old, and he stole Mimi's heart the first day. (Funny, because we'd always had big dogs, i.e, Mimi's 4 Labs and a Golden Retriever, which preceded the poodle.) When the poodle goes, I'm more worried about the Yorkie than anyone. He's absolutely devoted to the poodle, and really looks out for him now that he's failing. I suspect his morning will exceed all of ours, even though it well be considerable all around.

That's great you picked up the ol gal!! I can't walk into a shelter cause I'd have about 27 dogs. Right now, it's just our two whippets Sesame and Miso.

shtarka1

I agree. Good on ya.

We have two little troublemakers here. An 8-year-old Yorkie, and an almost 16 year-old toy poodle. The poodle is almost completely blind and deaf, and has bad shoulders, but we love him. He still has some quality of life, so we're hoping he'll be ok a little longer. We rescued him from an abusive situation when he was a year old, and he stole Mimi's heart the first day. (Funny, because we'd always had big dogs, i.e, Mimi's 4 Labs and a Golden Retriever, which preceded the poodle.) When the poodle goes, I'm more worried about the Yorkie than anyone. He's absolutely devoted to the poodle, and really looks out for him now that he's failing. I suspect his morning will exceed all of ours, even though it well be considerable all around.
Thanks Lloyd. Here's to more Healthy years for All of Us!

m_driscoll

I had to go look in my ODP (Obligatory Dog Photos) folder (also have an OCP). The second photo was our last dog. Connal was adopted out to a farm 26 years ago when our daughter was born. Probably time to get another dog (or three). Cheers.

1. D300; 85mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/1.4; ISO 250

2. Nikkormat (26 years ago) (50mm?)

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com