The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Yesterday my niece (everyone calls her "Bug") celebrated her 15th birthday by leading her Jr. High basketball team to victory 36 to 31 over one of their arch rivals. She's the starting point guard. Ironically, she scored 15 points.

D3 85/1.4 @2.2 ISO 2500 (BTW, lighting was terrible, and getting good WB a nightmare!)

Grain added in PP.

m_driscoll

:D Thanks!

Nice shots of the "Bug" in action! Brings back memories from many moons ago!
Way to go Unc.!
Love the last one Lloyd. A true keeper, i.e. one she will keep and watch over dearly throughout her life.
Lloyd... gotta tell her, EYES UP/HEADS UP... my coach screamed that at us all the time.

Love the shots!! Great stuff.
+1. What they said. Too dark for the 70-200? The Vikings and the Grizzlies? Those are all shots she'll love. Nice Unc. Cheers,

Hey Everyone..

I had a client wanting some heavy PP for some pictures. Quite frankly, I'm a minimalist on the PP side. If it isn't out of the camera how I like it, it isn't going to happen. However, the client wanted a bit of an artistic flair.

I could use some CC on this... Thanks!

Lloyd

+1. What they said. Too dark for the 70-200? The Vikings and the Grizzlies? Those are all shots she'll love. Nice Unc. Cheers,
Thanks Matt. Yes, a little too dark to use the longer lens and still stop the action. I did take a few with it at first, but didn't post any of those. Pleasant Grove Vikings and Payson Grizzlies (Jr. High, in both cases).

m_driscoll

Albert: Very stylish portrait.

Jason: I'll be the first to weigh in. Let me say that I over-process quite often (and then start over). I've been consciously trying to tone it down. The background and the mother seem over-saturated when compared to the sweater and the baby. To me, they pull the eye first, when you probably want the baby to be the initial focus, then the mother. I like the composition and the general hues; but, the variation in color values detract. My 2 cents.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Albert, Beautifully Done!

Jason, give the client what they want! Very Nice.

Matt, Selective focus down to a science! Great color & IQ!

Matt... I'm with ya. Frankly, I blew the shot. I was just following her around the house with the baby and was using spot metering and forgot to take into account the window behind her, so it's literally blown out.

Thankfully, she wanted an artistic baby close up, so I came up with this: