The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, now you get all of us worried. If it makes any sense, please convey our best wishes to your father. And you know that you've got friends here, even at their limited, virtual -or not so virtual- level. Take great care of your father and of yourself.
We'll be around and always welcome to hearing from you anytime you feel like dropping us a word, or one of your gem of an image.

Stuart Richardson

Nice shot Jorgen -- he definitely looks like he has places to go!

Thank you all -- I am glad you like them. They were shot on a D3 with a Leica 50mm f/1.4 E60 lens. The first 3 were at f/1.4, ISO 1600 and 30 seconds. The last one was at ISO 200, f/4 or so, and 8 minutes.

Lloyd

Jorgen, now you get all of us worried. If it makes any sense, please convey our best wishes to your father. And you know that you've got friends here, even at their limited, virtual -or not so virtual- level. Take great care of your father and of yourself.
We'll be around and always welcome to hearing from you anytime you feel like dropping us a word, or one of your gem of an image.
Yes, what he said. Do take care, and our best to your father.

shtarka1

John, lovely image of your grandaughter!

Stuart, gorgeous set! Wow!

Matt, your fish market shots are the Best! Ever had Chilean Sea Bass?

Jorgen, another excellent grab! I sincerely hope your Dad is ok. Please keep us informed.

Y Sol

Two shots from last month on Mauritius, both with the Zeiss CF Planar 100mm on D3x with Mirex adapter . It was a bit warmer there then in Europe now.
I'm just trying to make you all a bit jealous.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
J

JohnA_BatonRouge

What's he telling them about that crab? Thanks for looking. Cheers.

D700; 24-70mm f/2.8; 62mm; 1/250s @ f/2.8; -1 EV; ISO 400

Matt, Farmers Market shots have always had a special appeal for me - and this one is no exception. I have lots of old Kodachrome shots of similar markets I took with the various incarnations of Nikon F's, and they are among my favorites. Your shot brings brings back lots of old memories - with attendant olfactory sensations. Thanks for posting it.

kweide

My computer is too slow, my clock is too fast, my father is in hospital and I'm running around in circles. Here's a photo anyway, from Singapore earlier this week. See you when I surface, if ever.
Oh Jorgen, please take care of yourself. You are not alone....

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you all. My father had a heart attack on Friday morning around 2 A.M., just a couple of hours after I returned from S'pore. Luckily, he was already in hospital with a throat infection. He's still in respirator in CCU, but can communicate by writing notes. Although he hates all the machinery that keeps him alive, there's nothing wrong with his brain, and his jokes are as evil as ever :)

He's 84 and has had a failing health all his life, in a wheel-chair for the last few years, but his enormous curiosity keeps him alive and kicking. He just bought a laptop computer so that he can surf the internet while he's in hospital. Now, I need to move my work to Pattaya for a few weeks.

m_driscoll

Jorgen: As said above, take care of yourself and your family. My mother's 88. Her last 4-5 years have been up and down (trending up). An active mind seems like the best medicine.

Steve: Thanks. And, I've had Chilean Sea Bass. Excellent!

John: Thanks. I probably spend too much time in the Market; but, I love the people and the constant variety. And, I think your team won.

Uwe: Beautiful photo. The soft, hazy, tone's very painterly (not a pejorative). Nice.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

David K

Workshop Member
Jorgen, sorry to hear about your father's heart attack. Sounds like he's got the right attitude...a strong will to live and a supportive and caring family can work wonders. I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

J

JohnA_BatonRouge

Here's the Baton Rouge Channel 3 photographer giving the neighborhood gals last minute instructions just before the Superbowl win interview. WHAT A GREAT PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Jorgen, I sincerely hope your father gets well soon.
All the best wishes for him, and for you and your family.
Steen

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
black, and white

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 18-70mm • 1/200 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 18-70mm • 1/800 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX