The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
[groan!] You guys are too good! Outrageous flower shots by everyone. (I like the moody bit in Steen's.)

Did someone say archive? An oldie with the lensbaby.

m_driscoll

Steve: +1. Love these noir shots. I agree with Corlan, the camera is less of a factor then the photographer. Your photography is always eclectic and very good (probably not so much if you were shooting with a Canon).

Appreciate it Matt! LOL!!!:thumbup: Perfect place to quietly study!:D Nice pair!

TR, Great Color & Comp!
Thanks Corlan, Osman, Matt and Steen. Roxy told me to post that... or else!!:eek:

Great shots Matt. Nicely seen.

I used to study (well, tried to study) between innings at the Mariner's games at the old Kingdome. (back then we sat out in the $2.00 seats in left field and cheered for what ever team they happened to be playing, the Mariners were so bad back then. I was there the day current Boston Celtics GM, Danny Ainge, hit one of his two career homers... a line drive, which just cleared fence in left. Ironically, my younger brother was at the game in Oakland when he hit his only other home run.) I managed to pass my classes that year, so I guess one can study anywhere, eh?
Steve/Lloyd; Thanks.

Lloyd: At least you were probably there before pieces of the ceiling started falling. That'd throw off your concentration. I'm not much of a baseball fan (maybe it's the Mariners?); but, there's plenty of quiet time during the game to study.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Lloyd/Steve/Corlan/Steen: Great flower shots on a dismal, rainy, winter day. Thanks for the color. Although, I did notice that our Camelias and Azaleas are starting to bloom!

Corlan/Steen: Thanks. It was a short-haired Seattle girl (that's a breed). The tattoo makes her look tough. I'm trying to collect photos of tattoos (sort of my weird project).

In the spirit of the day, here's an old rose photo:

D3; Sigma 180mm; 1/250 @ f/14; ISO 640

Cheers,

Lloyd

Lloyd/Steve/Corlan/Steen: Great flower shots on a dismal, rainy, winter day. Thanks for the color. Although, I did notice that our Camelias and Azaleas are starting to bloom!

Corlan/Steen: Thanks. It was a short-haired Seattle girl (that's a breed). The tattoo makes her look tough. I'm trying to collect photos of tattoos (sort of my weird project).

In the spirit of the day, here's an old rose photo:

D3; Sigma 180mm; 1/250 @ f/14; ISO 640
Beauty Matt.

Yes, it's been a while. Didn't take note of the ceiling falling, but it could have been. The most interesting things were the strange people in the crowd (I'm sure my fellow grad students and I were counted among those by some). We actually made friends with the Mariner's left fielder. I don't recall his name now, but he was from LeGrande, OR. He tried to get us to cheer for the home team, and even tossed a couple of baseballs up to us. We would cheer for him when he made a catch, and when he was up to bat, but that was our concession's limit. It was sort of a fun game we played that summer. We had a good time.

m_driscoll

Same image in color and B&W. Not sure what I was thinking with these camera settings? Thanks for any comments. Cheers.

D3; 24-70mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/200s @ f/22; +2/3 EV; ISO 1600

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
What a spectacular place! Nice capture. Nice to see open water at this time of year. I notice a dark line along the treetops in the foreground, and one on the ridge behind it. Is that a mask? I think if it were my shot, I'd try to minimize that. Nice though, and thanks for sharing.

Tim

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Do we sense some longing for spring in all these beautiful flower shots ... :angel: ... nice work Lloyd, Corlan, Tim, Matt and Steve :thumbup:

- - -

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Nikkor AF-S 1.4/50mm G • 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

m_driscoll

What a spectacular place! Nice capture. Nice to see open water at this time of year. I notice a dark line along the treetops in the foreground, and one on the ridge behind it. Is that a mask? I think if it were my shot, I'd try to minimize that. Nice though, and thanks for sharing.

Tim
Tim: Thanks for the comments. I think this one may be an example of not getting the exposure right in the camera! I'm going to look at it again. It's the Khutzeymateen Inlet in May (old photo).

Steve/Lloyd: Thanks. I like the second one too; but, after seeing Jono's B&W (M9) landscapes it's a little crude.

Cheers,

Lloyd

Here's another longing-for-spring flower. Thanks for looking. Cheers.

D700; 105mm VR f/2.8; 1/640s @ f/7.1; ISO 200
Aww, that's a nostalgic beauty for me. I can't see a hollyhock without thinking of my grandmother. She had them planted all along the fence in front of her home.

Beautifully photographed, Matt. The color is spot on too. :thumbup:

Last edited: