The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

shtarka1

Jason, Just Amazing!

Graham, Gorgeous!

Steen, Very Nice Color & Composition!

Osman, I Like The Lines & Shapes! Nice Framing!

Hey Steve... any "problems" with the 70-200 VRI on the D3? I hear complaints, but don't see the problems and kinda need that focal length. Just plain wow on those images!!

AlexLF

That's again I've put my camera on the shelf. But took it back from there today and made a photographic walk on the snowed streets of Moscow.

(D3x + 24-70/2.8)

leif e

Steve; fantastic series - #1 is ...:)

Lloyd, that´s cruel!:D You make me want for summer! Nice use of the 10,5!

Love the Moscow pics as well and; some people around here are dead against wind parks for aesthetic reasons. Graham´s lovely shot proves them wrong. :D

leif e

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hey Steve... any "problems" with the 70-200 VRI on the D3? I hear complaints, but don't see the problems and kinda need that focal length. Just plain wow on those images!!
Complaints about the 70-200VR on FX (D3/D3x/D700) were mostly overrated IMHO, depending of course on how much you needed sharpness into the corners. For the vast majority of shots, particularly if portraits or other such subjects that encourage you out of the corners, the lens is fabulous.

If you need pin sharp edge performance then it falls down slightly although it's by no means the coke bottle bottom lens that some would have you believe at all. :deadhorse: However, the new one IS better ... :thumbs:

Lloyd

Complaints about the 70-200VR on FX (D3/D3x/D700) were mostly overrated IMHO, depending of course on how much you needed sharpness into the corners. For the vast majority of shots, particularly if portraits or other such subjects that encourage you out of the corners, the lens is fabulous.

If you need pin sharp edge performance then it falls down slightly although it's by no means the coke bottle bottom lens that some would have you believe at all. :deadhorse: However, the new one IS better ... :thumbs:
I have both, and found some vignetting with the old one at wider apertures on full frame. I actually like that for portraiture. It's gone when the lens is stepped down, usually by f11. I posted some test shots earlier in this thread. I do agree, however, that overall the new one is better.