The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

otumay

Lloyd, Steve, Jason; thank you!

Steve, your b+w's are amazing, especially the first shot.

Lloyd, very creative perspective.

Man, I leave the computer for an hour, and find many amazing shots when I return. Life never seemed so challenging before...

Osman

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
wow, quite an active day around here!
Real great stuff.

Graham, you really mastered the semi long exposure here, with a great combination of light, dynamic range, framing and movement. Splendid.

Steve, seconding the gang here, great series again. Cast a vote for the first one for negative space, then the children on daddy's shoulders are very cool, too.

Those two pictures above reminds me if needed that i need to get a 200mm again. :eek:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
That's again I've put my camera on the shelf. But took it back from there today and made a photographic walk on the snowed streets of Moscow.
Well Alex you definitely should walk the camera more often. Great palette of whites and softly contrasting colors here.

LLoyd- is it from the series you posted last summer (?) Kinda remember a similar "steup" with great results but can't find it readily. Maybe we're starting to have too many pages on this thread :rolleyes:

Lloyd

LLoyd- is it from the series you posted last summer (?) Kinda remember a similar "steup" with great results but can't find it readily. Maybe we're starting to have too many pages on this thread :rolleyes:
It was taken the same day, and is similar to one posted earlier, but not the same image.

shtarka1

wow, quite an active day around here!
Real great stuff.

Steve, seconding the gang here, great series again. Cast a vote for the first one for negative space, then the children on daddy's shoulders are very cool, too.

Those two pictures above reminds me if needed that i need to get a 200mm again. :eek:
Thanks Very Much C!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
The Killing Fields, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Thank you for sharing these powerful images, Jason !
The sad subject reminded me about a poster made by KAP (a former danish Communist Workers' Party) in 1978 right after a couple of party members had visited Pol Pot and his Khmer Rouge gang in Cambodia.
The danish poster, saying "Don’t people smile in Kampuchea anymore ?", should demonstrate that the cambodian people were actually happy with the so-called "liberation" by Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge regime

Here's a reproduction of the disgraceful poster.
I apologize if this is too off topic, I just think it is so extremely far out that I had to share my speechless frustration with you.

But back to your images. Jason, I especially think your girl-on-the-bike shot is absolutely wonderful :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yes, I'm still around, and so is my father. Most of my time disappears into thin air though, so taking photos has come to a brutal halt. Yesterday, I decided to start bringing in food to the hospital for my father, since what they serve there is mostly unhealthy as well as inedible. So now, he gets Norwegian breakfast, Thai lunch and dinner from one of his favourite restaurants. Here's from today's dinner:

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/2.8

otumay

Jorgen, I'm so glad to hear that both of you are well. The photo reflects more than appearances.
Best regards and luck,
Osman

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Hi Jorgen, great to hear that your father is recovering.
All the best wishes for both of you !
Steen

Lloyd

Hello Jorgen. I'll second what's been said... glad to hear your father is recovering. Thinking of you both.

shtarka1

Jorgen, glad to hear some positive news about your Dad. Please give him our best & keep getting him stronger with that worldly home cooked food!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen! A good lapskaus would come in handy, don´t you think?. Good luck!!
leif e
I'm going to the hospital in ten minutes with a breakfast consisting of sursild (smoked hering), French columbier cheese, gravlaks (a kind of smoked salmon) and Mills Kaviar :p

That should do the trick, don't you think?

Stuart Richardson

Some truly amazing photos lately! I don't have time to go through individually, but I must say I am very impressed with all of them.

Jorgen -- it's great to hear that things are going better, and I think that meal will really help! Where does one find sursild and gravlaks in Thailand?? Interesting too, as in icelandic súr means sour (or pickled), not smoked...that's reyktur. They have súrhvalur (pickled whale), and some other súr things that I avoid like the plague.