The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Leica 77

Another beauty, of two beauties! Really nice b/w
Hi My Good Friend and Mentor Lloyd,
It has been very nice visiting your Nikon thread over the past few days. I will visit again in the near future. Best wishes to you and all your loved ones! Leica 77. :)

Leica 77

L77....Aye Carrrrumba! Beautiful eye's,smiles,contrast,tone & did i mention eye's & smiles?!;)
Hi Steve,
I have enjoyed looking at both color and B&W images in your wonderful web gallery. Once again, many thanks for all your kind comments. Best wishes, Leica 77. :)

Lloyd

It has been very nice visiting your Nikon thread over the past few days. I will visit again in the near future. Best wishes to you and all your loved ones! Leica 77. :)
Thanks for spending some time with us, my friend. Hope it won't be to long until you visit us again.

Happy Trails. :salute:

Lloyd

I had a rare opportunity over the weekend, and thought I'd share a few shots. Nothing particularly noteworthy or artistic, but it was fun for me, at least.

Mimi sings in a local choir, and this past weekend they were invited to perform at the Mormon Tabernacle on Temple Square in Salt Lake. This is the building which is home to the world famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Since we've lived here we've been there a few times, but the only pictures I've taken have been the typical tourist shots. This time, on about 10 minutes notice, I was invited to come and shoot, and I was allowed right up with the choir (during a rehearsal); fun for me to get this perspective. BTW, they sounded amazing (they always sound good); the acoustics of that place are incredible!

BTW, they were working out the performance lighting during the rehearsal, so exposure and white balance were all over the board. I'm sure grateful for RAW files!

D3, 14-24/2.8 @ 14mm f8, ISO 2000

D3, 28-79/2.8 @ 45mm f2.8 ISO 2000

D3, 70-200/2.8 VRII @ 82mm, f2.8 ISO 2000

D3 14-24/2.8 @ 16mm f8 ISO 2000

D3 70-200 VRII @ 200mm f2.8 ISO 2000

Leica 77

I had a rare opportunity over the weekend, and thought I'd share a few shots. Nothing particularly noteworthy or artistic, but it was fun for me, at least.

Mimi sings in a local choir, and this past weekend they were invited to perform at the Mormon Tabernacle on Temple Square in Salt Lake. This is the building which is home to the world famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Since we've lived here we've been there a few times, but the only pictures I've taken have been the typical tourist shots. This time, on about 10 minutes notice, I was invited to come and shoot, and I was allowed right up with the choir (during a rehearsal); fun for me to get this perspective. BTW, they sounded amazing (they always sound good); the acoustics of that place are incredible!

BTW, they were working out the performance lighting during the rehearsal, so exposure and white balance were all over the board. I'm sure grateful for RAW files!

D3, 14-24/2.8 @ 14mm f8, ISO 2000

D3, 28-79/2.8 @ 45mm f2.8 ISO 2000

D3, 70-200/2.8 VRII @ 82mm, f2.8 ISO 2000
All of your images recorded within the Mormon Temple grounds in Salt Lake are extraordinary, spectacular, and impressive. My wife and I drove by the Temple en route from the Bay Area to Minnesota some years ago. Utah has a very special place in our memory. All the best to you, your lovely wife, and everyone in your family! Leica 77. :)

m_driscoll

Lloyd: Very nice. I especially like the last one of the organ player's hands. Great processing. Color looks very good.

Everybody: Great photos posted here since i last looked! Been busy moving my office; so, I haven't been here for a while. My cameras are equally neglected. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Lloyd, these constitute an impressive series. What they teach me (over and over again) is that the photographer should become transparent, so that nothing comes between the subject and viewer. 'Being there' is not that easy to achieve.
I'm learnin', I'm learnin'...

Lloyd

A few more shots of the choir rehearsal.

Most of the time, they were focused on singing:

But they didn't always agree... and even got more than a little testy at times! Which actually surprised me.

But there were lighthearted moments:

And downright silly ones too.. like the 1st Soprano who tried to eat my 14-24!:

m_driscoll

No new pictures; but, some newly found/processed bear shots. This adolescent thought a big bear was coming and skedaddled behind the log. After a while it came back out to play with it's siblings looking a little embarrassed. Cheers.

1. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/640s @ f/4; ISO 1000

2. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/640s @ f/4; ISO 800

3. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/640s @ f/4; ISO 800

4. D3; 500mm f/4; 1/640s @ f/4; ISO 800

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

No new pictures; but, some newly found/processed bear shots. This adolescent thought a big bear was coming and skedaddled behind the log. After a while it came back out to play with it's siblings looking a little embarrassed. Cheers.
Nice stuff, Matt. Thanks for sharing.

Lloyd... she prolly thought she should fight back with that giant lens 4" from her face!! Great stuff on the entire set!

Matt... Gotta say, those bear shots just rock!!!