The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

A "stall" girl at the Pike Place Market (is that PC?). Cheers, Matt.
I don't know PC, but I'd say it's descriptive. Nice shot. That girl has some amazing hair.

Thanks for the comment on my picks yesterday. Typically, when my wife does her very long training runs (like the 23 miler she has planned for Saturday), I ride along side her on my bike, so that I'm her rolling aid station (water, Gatorade, etc). Yesterday, she was running a shorter session, and on bike/jogging path, so I just met her where the path intersected with roads every couple of miles to hand her a drink.

shtarka1

D3, 70-300 VR @ f7.1 ISO 800:
Excellent Contrast,Tone & Subject..Beautiful Shot!
Looking at some oldies... Fell in love with these guys

So Cool!
Out being my wife's rolling aid station this evening. While she put in a quick 6 miles, I grabbed a few shots.

D3, 70-300 VR @ 270mm F7.1, ISO400:

You 2 are my Idols!

D3, 70-300 VR @ 300mm F5.6, ISO400, Chainlink fence:
Love This One Too...Nice Shallow DOF!
A "stall" girl at the Pike Place Market (is that PC?). Cheers, Matt.

D700; 85mm f/1.4; 1/160s @ f/1.4; ISO 640

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Excellent Grab Matt!

Lloyd

More from yesterday:

Mimi's pretty special, and we've been through a lot together, so I don't often my head turned. However yesterday I noticed this cute little lady near the trail where Mimi was running:

D3, 70-300 VR @ 280mm f7.1 ISO 800

At first I didn't pay too much attention, but I noticed she was sort of watching me.:cool:

D3, 70-300 VR @ 82mm f7.1 ISO 800

I moved a little closer, and at first she seemed to be ignoring me, but then I saw it... that coy little look... just a quick glance, almost with just one eye... you know the one.

D3, 70-300 VR @ 300mm f7.1 ISO 800

Before I knew it, I was fully under her spell. I mean, who could resist eyes like these?:rolleyes:

D3, 70-300 VR @ 250mm f7.1 ISO 800

Good thing Mimi didn't show up just then... there coulda been trouble!:deadhorse:

otumay

Life has its pleasant surprises, doesn't it? I think you were saved by the bell, though. Be careful, my friend, for as the saying goes in Turkish: "The ground has ears":)

Lloyd, great captures!! Love the eyes, and you're darned right you were being watched!

One of the most fantastic sunsets I've ever seen. South of Tunis...

Lloyd

Life has its pleasant surprises, doesn't it? I think you were saved by the bell, though. Be careful, my friend, for as the saying goes in Turkish: "The ground has ears":)
Yes, I was lucky. And thanks for the quote... I'll take that one to heart! :)

Lloyd

Lloyd, great captures!! Love the eyes, and you're darned right you were being watched!

One of the most fantastic sunsets I've ever seen. South of Tunis...
Thanks Jason. And "fantastic" is right. Wow... what amazing color!

Saw a pretty amazing sunset over Hanalei Bay on Kauai in 2006. (just to give this some scale, those little waves down there are 16 footers!)

D70, 80-400 F4.5-5.6D VR

m_driscoll

Osman/Lloyd/Steve: Thanks.

Lloyd: Sound like good exercise and you get to take some photos to boot. Beautiful photographs of the horse. Great detail!

Jason: Great sunset and ruins. Are those roman ruins in Tunisia?

Lloyd: Beautiful sunset, also. Thanks for the scale hint.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jason. And "fantastic" is right. Wow... what amazing color!

Saw a pretty amazing sunset over Hanalei Bay on Kauai in 2006. (just to give this some scale, those little waves down there are 16 footers!)

D70, 80-400 F4.5-5.6D VR
Very beautiful :thumbs: