The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Even got some real sun :shocked:

More spring:

(both shots D3X with Zeiss 50/2M - basic process in NX2 with camera profiles)

m_driscoll

A couple from last weekend.

Both with the D3, 70-300 VRII

An abandoned tourist attraction near Moab, UT:

The top two women in the Half Marathon battle at about mile 11 of the course. The lead woman held on to win by 6 seconds:
Lloyd: Missed these two earlier. Both are great images. You really show the versatility of that lens!

Some (much welcome after this endless winter we had) spring colors... here, at last:

Even got some real sun :shocked:

More spring:

(both shots D3X with Zeiss 50/2M - basic process in NX2 with camera profiles)
Corlan: Beautiful bud and flower. The color an selective focus are just right.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd, Matt, Jorgen, Steve for the kind comments. It's good to see some of the warm yellow ball again :)

Matt, stable wall ? In this rural area not sure these guys have a decent stable. For sure nothing quite close to Steen's own premises. The owner of the two horses got a print of the larger brown fellow posted a few pages back. But you're right and have good eyes, the one you quoted above have sharpened for print. Will do this week-end... (did you get my MP btw?).

Lloyd, sometimes you post so fast. How could you possibly intercalate an answer between my two posts above? :shocked: I predict that one day you'll address a thread question before the OP had time to submit it. :toocool:

Lloyd

Lloyd, sometimes you post so fast. How could you possibly intercalate an answer between my two posts above? :shocked: I predict that one day you'll address a thread question before the OP had time to submit it. :toocool:
Maybe that one day I'll get so good, I'll post the image the OP was about to post, eh? :D

Lloyd

Here's a quick one from this morning...

Chicago, LaSalle Street at Sunrise
This is nice. Love the light on the building together with the street lights and the lights on the cars. Impressive.

Thanks for your comment. Yes, the 70-300 VR is a surprising lens, especially for the price. Not fast, and not a fragment of the 70-200 VRIIm, but much smaller and lighter, and I'm very pleased with the results. I've actually had this around for some time and rarely used it. Just decided to pull it out, and I've been using it fairly consistently since. I understand that Jay Maisel uses it and the D3 almost exclusively. His images are amazing, so if it's good enough for him...

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jason, thanks :)

Another nice composition of the Second City. A town -my favorite in the US of A- that i dearly miss.

Maybe that one day I'll get so good, I'll post the image the OP was about to post, eh? :D
On second thought it's wiser than addressing a technical question.
Where you'd post in advance only to find out that Steen had already and comprehensively covered the issue with all the appropriate booklet references and illustrating screenshots. :lecture: :ROTFL:

:deadhorse:

Lloyd

Jason, thanks :)

Another nice composition of the Second City. A town -my favorite in the US of A- that i dearly miss.

On second thought it's wiser than addressing a technical question.
Where you'd post in advance only to find out that Steen had already and comprehensively covered the issue with all the appropriate booklet references and illustrating screenshots. :lecture: :ROTFL:

:deadhorse:
I was just about to say that! :eek::D:cool::ROTFL:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Jason- Glistening!

Lloyd, did you post other examples with the 70-300mm ?
I hadn't noticed that lens before... i see a few limitations but the pricing seems darn right.
Maybe an excellent no sweat, all-around walking zoom on some occasions.

Lloyd

Jason- Glistening!
Agreed

Lloyd, did you post other examples with the 70-300mm ?
I hadn't noticed that lens before... i see a few limitations but the pricing seems darn right.
Maybe an excellent no sweat, all-around walking zoom on some occasions.
Yes, I find that it is just that. Not going to give you the quality of the "pro-level" glass, but the truth is, a lot of the time, it doesn't matter. (Not that I plan to dump my better glass anytime soon!)